PDA

View Full Version : Building a ORR 200mph SC

superdadsc
05-18-2013, 06:53 PM
What would it take to build a SC that could break the 200mph mark. My 89 that got hit in the front end is sitting on the property collecting dust. The frame is straight and the body is fixable. I already gutted the interior so I am thinking of building a race car out of it for some high speed runs.

I was thinking a turbo as it will be easier to make the power that it will need. A big remote or mid mount should be easy and lag won't matter as I just need to get her to speed.

I know I would want big brakes so I was wondering about the suspension?

How light can you get the car?

Could be fun. I have a friend who went 199 in his Porsche 928. The 928 drag coefficient is .35 and the SC is .31 so the are good there. The twin screw euro 928 I had was just shy of breaking the record in it's class then I blew the motor!:mad:

Could be a fun project!:D

boogeyman
05-19-2013, 12:40 AM
you would have to be sub 3000 lbs and probably 660-700hp to get 200 mph i dont know the math but i have ran cars at very high speeds and it takes exponentially more power to go faster as you reach those kind of speeds
for instance a old customers viper at 3300 lbs w 680n/a hp would run 189 in the standing mile on a 300hp shot of spray it ran 213

superdadsc
05-19-2013, 10:51 AM
I think it would really difficult to achieve it in the standing mile. I am looking at open road racing where you have miles to get up to top speed, plus you get more wheel time.:D They have a few races a year like this. Silver state classic I think it is called in Nevada is a big one.

Let say 400rwhp from a turbo(cheaper power is my thought) I wonder what that would give you with a stripped SC and 2.73 gears with our drag coefficient?

Regardless of the top speed achieved it is a legal way to go really fast! It would be a blast to open her up and see how fast she will go!:D

ironworker
06-10-2014, 02:37 AM
Lawson hit 209 in the mile with a t bird sc