Guesses on my dyno numbers??

90sc35thann

I am going to the dyno in a couple of weeks. Any guesses on HP with the mods listed below?

MP 3.5" CAI
85MM MAF
85MM TB
MP Inlet
Late Model Blower
Raised top
MP FMIC
#60 injectors
340 stealth pump
Ported heads
Roller rockers
manley chrome molly pushrods
Custom Cam (.573 lift int/exh, 208/216 duration int/exh, 114 degree centerline angle)
kooks mid length
2.5 to 3 to 2.5 exhaust with no cats and magnafow mufflers
2600 RPM stall converter
Moates QuarterHorse and BE

I am hoping for 300. Am I dreaming?

I am going to the dyno in a couple of weeks. Any guesses on HP with the mods listed below?

MP 3.5" CAI
85MM MAF
85MM TB
MP Inlet
Late Model Blower
Raised top
MP FMIC
#60 injectors
340 stealth pump
Ported heads
Roller rockers
Custom Cam (.573 lift int/exh, 208/216 duration int/exh, 114 degree centerline angle)
kooks mid length
2600 RPM stall converter

I was going to say 300 to 320 but its an auto and no methonal so maybe 280 ish

Dave I am not certain my setup would benefit from methanol. At 14 PSI I don;t believe it would do a thing to help me. My ACT's are about 80-90 Under boost.

Depends on how good those heads are ported. S port blower? Ive seen greated than 300rwhp with less camshaft but with an S port lat emodel blower

I did a nice job on the heads. I have a good deal of experience there. the Blower is a stock late model blower.

If you can port the heads why not port the blower?

I really didn't want to bother. LOL. I didn't want to waste too much time on a blower with 134k on the clock. I just put a lot of money into the car all around and figured what I really want is an mpx and given that fact it didn't make sense in my mind to go deep on the stock blower that I am not committed to. An mpx is definitely in order over the winter. Then I'll probably leave it alone for a while after that.

I hope it pulled better than 300 for you rob, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks Dave. If not I know an mpx will get me there easily. If I could shell out the $2k now I would but crap with all of the money I spent this past year on this car, I'll be happy with around 300 for the summer season.

I made 313whp with similar mods and a home ported stock blower that had about 130k on it at the time...also 14 psi. .519 cam w ported stock valve heads. Just sayin yah can do it on the cheap and the car will be movin

Definitely port the blower bud. It is very easy to port a smile into it and as Miller said, it will be well worth it. It would take just a couple hours of your time.

Rob,

With everything you've done so far, i feel like porting that blower will be the "cherry on top". Not to mention succumbing to peer pressure will make us all happy :D

Port it!!!

Just dont make it look like this:

I have many hours in fixing that! NOTE: I AM NOT THE ONE THAT PORTED IT I BOUGHT IT THAT WAY!

After alot of work...

MP 3.5" CAI
85MM MAF
85MM TB
MP Inlet
Late Model Blower
Raised top
MP FMIC
#60 injectors
340 stealth pump
Ported heads
Roller rockers
kooks mid length
2600 RPM stall converter

I don't think you will have a problem making 300 rwhp with those mods. It's probably going to come down to how well your heads flow. Did you stay with stock diameter valves or switch to oversize with larger seats ? If you are only making 14 pounds of boost, I'd be over driving the blower another 5% with the JS pulley to increase the boost a little.

David

FWIW, I made 308 rwhp with only bolt-ons (including an s-model blower) with my AOD. I'd like to think you should make more. So I'll optimistically say 326 rwhp

Back