89-90 Cougar XR7 Grille & Bracket - Black

Thomas A

I have for sale a nice original black grille with mounting bracket from a 1989 XR7. The mounting bracket is very solid and in excellent shape. The grille isn't too bad, but it does have some slight damage on the backside where the two screws are supposed to be into the bracket. It doesn't seem to affect the function of it too much, but it is damaged there. There is some slight pitting on the Cougar emblem and the black paint isn't bright and shiny, but would probably polish up fine if someone spent the time to do so. $80 shipped.

Cougar_Grille1.JPG

Cougar_Grille2.JPG

Cougar_Grille3.JPG

Cougar_Grille4.JPG

Cougar_Grille5.JPG

Thomas

Last edited:
The support bracket is in great shape but the grill is not. The two tabs that are molded in the bottom of the grill to hold the screws that secure the top of the grill to the hood are broken. The grill can not rest flat and level on the hood without them.

With that said it is difficult to find a good condition original mounting bracket, so may are broken when people lift the hood by the grill. If I did not already have one I would be interested in the assembly for the bracket. But not for $100. :cool:

Last edited:
Beware the a.k.a. Kat man miller is now

MAD DOG MILLER HE IS VISOUS AND MEAN:eek: FOAMS AT THE MOUTH HAS RABIES AND SPITS WHEN HE TALKS :confused:...STAY AWAY FROM HIM..:p . U HAVE BEEN WARNED !!! ALSO HAS A STRONG ODOR AND WILL GAS U

You are correct! It has been long enough since I have looked at one of these that I missed that. I thought maybe I saw where something was supposed to be, but they are broken so uniform between the two that I missed it. Thanks for the correction! (I'll revise my first post)

Thomas

Back