Power window motor

plenum

I have a 1989 sc 5 spd. My power window motor wont let window up or down. But it runs. I cleaned and Lubricated the parts, Took motor out and freed window loose. How loose does the Window have to be with motor out. Does the window have to be loose enough to drop down on its own? I can now push and pull the window up and down with a Little effort. But when I put motor in, It wont move the Glass. Without my helping it. The motor runs BUT Can it be to weak??

I have a 1989 sc 5 spd. My power window motor wont let window up or down. But it runs. I cleaned and Lubricated the parts, Took motor out and freed window loose. How loose does the Window have to be with motor out. Does the window have to be loose enough to drop down on its own? I can now push and pull the window up and down with a Little effort. But when I put motor in, It wont move the Glass. Without my helping it. The motor runs BUT Can it be to weak??

The window motor regulator is broken. It's a little drive mechanism between the electric motor and the gear, that uses some plastic pins which wear out over time. See this thread for more info.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126768&highlight=window+motor+regulator

David

Just rebuilt both of mine.....you will fine the plastic pieces in the "help" section at your local atuoparts store....easy fix...cost $10 or so.

both of the motors on my 90 (it's dead now) was fixed with 1/4-20 nuts installed in the 3 spots for the plastic balls. seemed to work well

both of the motors on my 90 (it's dead now) was fixed with 1/4-20 nuts installed in the 3 spots for the plastic balls. seemed to work well

It works, but it defeats the safety function built into the plastic gear plugs.

Mr. Mazza I agree! I will allow a lot more torque on the window. only found it because one of the motors failed

Back