Tranny fluid and oil, Any help will help me,

GREATWHITE666

Hey guys- biggest problem first. I posted a while back i was leaking tranny fluid, it's coming from (if you're in the driver's seat) the front left side of the car directly under the bottom intercooler tube. Now, i looked under there and saw that the drips were coming from the bottom intercooler tube. but there is no fluid anywhere but the bottom side of the bottom IC tube..., Any ideas? It's been leaking onto a little hose which sits right below the bottom IC tube so i thought that hose was broken but it isnt-- someone told me that the tranny fluid lines run on that side of the car,, but do u know why a leak would come from the bottom IC tube? Ive looked way above it to and i dont see anything... please help.

Also, my oil gauge needle has started ti flicker when the car is in drive and NOT stepping on the gas, but once u step on it, it goes back up.. is there a lug or somethign that could be off? Any help would help me ALOT guys,, any input at all just throw it on here, thanks a lot-
Damon

also

sorry forgot to add, car has only 67K on it, with a NEW tranny and NEW engine with only 11K, so i dont think any leak is due to old age... maybe somethign wasnt screwed tightly enough? thanks for ANY help--
Damon

From your description...

It sounds more like a power steering leak to me. Most SC's will have tranny fluid in the PS pump (unless you've added a strict PS fluid which is a bit different in color ). I know I had a front seal leak in my PS pump many years ago which left fluid on that exact location of the lower IC tube. Could also be a pressure hose leaking down on it. Check your PS fluid level , and look for a leak on the underside of the PS plastic reservoir from directly underneath .
The tranny cooler lines run on the passenger side of the car .

Really

Oh, i thought the tranny lines ran under the driver's side, so i guess i can rule out tranny fluid leak.. well thats good at least, thank you for that :). I was thinking it coulve also been power steering, because it is a lot of fluid that is leaking onto the fllor, and ive noticed my tranny fluid level seems to stay fine, however, the PS fluid ive had to refill a few times. And ive refilled it with red power steering fluid. So you suggest it is more likely a power steering fluid leak? I would much rather have that than a tranny leak, So i guess it be better to get the thing up on a rack to get a better look, it's lowered 1.5 inches so it's too hard to get underneath. Thank you very very very, you have eased some of my worrying. Thank you.
-Damon:D

Good luck Damon

That sort of confirms it in my mind, and I agree; better that than a front seal in the tranny.

BTW, how are your motor mounts? A few here have learned over the years that they can get so bad that the power steering hose(s) can get rubbed through because the engine starts to sit almost on the crossmember. I'd check that too. Cheers, Dan H

Last edited:
Back