Griffin radiator installed

Tony8470

After months of waiting for the local machinist to get it back to me, I spent the last weekend putting it in. While I was waiting on him I got a 6G alternator and put that in as well.

It's a very tight fit. I actually had to put the FMIC and radiator in separately. And take 2 bolts off the water pump pulley to swing it in. I'm happy with the results. The new super capacity, and the shrouds I made keep it very cool.

I also had the chance to mount the custom coolant over flow.

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 142
Thanks for the good words. It seems the more I look at the engine bay, the uglier it is. It's a lot of labor polishing those parts.

Yeah, that looks great! And the Griffin radiator is well worth the money. Mine runs 180 all day. Stop/go, summer/winter.

That is tight and clean great job and great eye. How about a heads up on the heater and defrost function.

That is tight and clean great job and great eye. How about a heads up on the heater and defrost function.

Heater and defrost are unaffected. Car stays between 180-185 temp. Still warms up the same. If anything, because of the 180 thermostat and tune, it runs cooler, but has been set that way for 3 years now. And I don't notice the difference when the heater is on.

When I was coming back from Carlisle a few years back with 4 people in the car it almost overheated to the point that I had to pull over. This was on a hot year and climbing up a long hill on the PA turnpike.

Back