Exhaust leak

90whtbrd

Is the DS cat a common place for an exhaust leak. I have a very faint tick on that side, that was very much more pronounced when I had the plug wires wrong (thanks Haynes). It almost sounds like cooling metal on a hot header. It's funny that when that was the only side I could get a torque wrench on properly that side maybe leaking. Thanks for any insight.

I would try re-torquing. If that doesn't work, then disconnect the pipes from the manifolds and goop up the pipe side flanges with "great stuff" and re attach and re-torque.

Great stuff will hold up to the heat. It's a great little trick I learned at an exhaust shop once. I saw them doing that to a car that had a small leak at a flange. I thought they were crazy. The tech said they do it all the time and it's permanent.

I have seen either the same or like product used on flanges and joints on one of the speed channels. My thinking on my faint leak is that it has something to do with the radical 90 degree angle going into the cat on the DS. Guess I will have drag my old self under the car once again to investigate. Thanks for the input.

I am so old school I still use a long screwdriver with a wooden handle to listen for bad bearings and knocks etc. LOL.

Back