interior lights 95

anlo

well the interior light gremlin visited last night , today I have no int, lighting ,locks not responding , keypad not responding , no visor lights etc. fuse is good however no juice to that fuse on the box checked loom beside driver seat don't see the famous green /yellow splice right away. that area stays moist due to a leak I cant find I just dry it out occasionally. any ideas where to start ?

fuse box

the one thing im sure of is the 15 fuse for int. lamps has no voltage at junction box. I count 3 grn/y wires in the loom beside the seat but no splice. seems like a ground thing but having no juice at the fuse panel under dash concearns me. no map lights no pwr mirror so I know im on the right track just cant find anything.. keyless module appears good .. if ground is broke somewhere wouldn't fuse still be hot ??? also no chime anymore when key in ignition or lights left on

Last edited:
Yes, broken ground and you'd still have power at and through the fuse up to a switch or if the switch is "ON" all the way to the "open" or break in the ground circuit.

It sounds like you have an open between the battery and the fuse box. It would be best to track it down as it might be a corrosion problem that will spread but if you have an open slot in the fuse box you could put in a 15a "add a fuse" and jump it to the "out" side of the dead 15a circuit for your lights. Would give you lighting in the interim.

Attachments

• Add a fuse.jpg
    Add a fuse.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 28
fixed

sadly the first thing I should have tried was the last thing.. actual fuse was just bad no signs of being blown at all switched out with another for fun and lights came on... ive never seen a perfectly good looking fuse be bad.. thanks for all ideas guys.. at least my wire loom is freshly re-wrapped

sadly the first thing I should have tried was the last thing.. actual fuse was just bad no signs of being blown at all switched out with another for fun and lights came on... ive never seen a perfectly good looking fuse be bad.. thanks for all ideas guys.. at least my wire loom is freshly re-wrapped

I had the same problem a few years ago I actually had a member here help me diagnose a problem over the phone with a test light trying to figure it out..I had checked the fuse numerous times and it was good..after about an hour on the phone we decided top change the fuse anyways..what do ya know that fuse was actually blown but u could never tell

Back