Valuation

shoalcracker

I didn't want to walk on Kurts post.

I live on a small street.

I waived at a Dude the other day in a 72 Mustang Mach 1 at the bottom of the street.

Coming thru yesterday morning the garage was open and he was pulling weeds in the ftr yard

Pulled over to say hi.

Turns out it's a 429 everything in place stunner.

We shot the breeze for a bit and it turned out that he knew as much or more about what I was driving that what I did.

No point other than others are aware.

Paul

I went to a car show a couple years back with my 89. When I pulled in they put me next to a 93 notch with a turbo. Needless to say there was a crowd around the Mustang and the Tbirdy got no attention. Anyway, a guy pulls next to me with a Viper. He gets out and immediately starts talking to me about the SC. Turns out he had one when he was younger and it left quite an impression on him. He glanced over at the Mustang said and "another f***ing Mustang". I would never expect a guy driving a $60,000 car to care about a Tbird.

I saw a 97 Probe GT today on the highway, I though it was cool to see one of those in good condition.

Point to that is that if you grew up in the 80-90 and liked fords there is no denying you would have been exposed to the SC. It was the best performance RWD car offered by ford next to the Mustang.

Brings me back to my next point.

I have seen the same trend for over several years. This is how SC are being priced

Good rollers about 1000
Parts car SC 500-1500
Good rebuildables 2000-2500
Good shape high mileage cars 5000-6000
Low mile SCs 8000-10,000
Low mileage Anniversary 5spd and Autos and 94-95 5spds 10,000-12,000
Mid mileage good shape modded M90 cars with over 300RWHP 6-8,000
Mid mileage good shape modded Twin Screw cars 10,000

Turbo or Swap Motor cars are hard to price and they take longer to sell. Most part it and bring it back to stock.

This has been consistently the pricing that sellers and buyers meet.

I dont think we are ever going to see 50k Barret Jackson prices, but the above pricing seems to have been the same for several years.

Back