Year of Supercharger?

93superbirdie

I found a supercharger and tubes, inlet and throttlebody with it. The guy selling it has no clue what he has. I'm trying to figure out what year it is. What's the best way to tell what year it is to someone that has no clue what they have. I have to dumb it down for him.
image.jpg

I found a supercharger and tubes, inlet and throttlebody with it. The guy selling it has no clue what he has. I'm trying to figure out what year it is. What's the best way to tell what year it is to someone that has no clue what they have. I have to dumb it down for him.
View attachment 57014

Best way to tell early from late model is to remove the inlet plenum and look at the inlet port on the back of the supercharger case. If it's oval shaped it's an early model, if the inlet is a rectangular shape it's a late model. The late model is better.

David

Or get a picture from the bottom of the supercharger, The 94-95 superchargers have the double hump that goes all the way the bottom of the supercharger with no ramp.

But according to that pic, it uses the early style EGR, so I'd say it's 89-93.

Its an early model SC ... another easy way to tell is the metal tubes to the vacuum lines on the inlet plenum. The 94/95 plenum has another vacuum tube and the nipple for the bypass valve on the SC side.

- Dan

Back