Bad ignition causing ABS light to stay on and brake to be a lil weird?

WhiteSC89

Ok so the amber ABS light on my 89 sc stays on all the time.

My ignition on my car is messed up, i can start it without the key even being in it, and when the car is on i can even pull it right out.

COuld this ignition issue be causing me ABS light to stay on, and my brakes not work as good as they should?

Not likely. That issue you are describing usually has to do with the key and lock cylinder just being worn out.

Oh I see, Fack....

Could it be just one of the fuses under the hood? Ive read a bit abotu the subject, but im wondering if it could be just a fuse.. Because it dosn't seem like its anything like the accumulator or pump/master cyl as the breaks work decent seeing as they need pads.

Last edited:
It could be a fuse, or a relay, or an abs sensor, or the module, or a loose connection. First thing to do would be pull the abs codes and see what it comes back with.

My ignition on my car is messed up, i can start it without the key even being in it, and when the car is on i can even pull it right out.

COuld this ignition issue be causing me ABS light to stay on, and my brakes not work as good as they should?
Yes. Fix or replace the switch. :rolleyes:

The case is separating in half. Take the cover off and look closely and you'll see the gap that shouldn't be there. You can buy some time by wrapping it with bailing wire or zip ties or whatever works.

Back