PBR Front Calipers, SCU Caliper Relocation kit & rear Cobra rotor upgrade

TSC89

SCCoA Member
Back in 2008 I did the Mark VIII spindle and brake upgrade to the blue 90 5-speed I have.
A couple of weeks ago I came across a 99 Mustang GT in the yards with a clean set of PBR dual piston calipers still on it.
After some wrenching and a good price I had them at home, cleaned up and ready to go.
Then I went out and picked up a set of drilled and slotted rotors late last week to complete the set up.

Today I was able to get everything changed out. While not as big as the set up "Big Daddy" Duane has they work really well.

Attachments

• IMG_5353.JPG
    IMG_5353.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,403
  • IMG_5354.JPG
    IMG_5354.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 761
  • IMG_5355.JPG
    IMG_5355.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 890
  • IMG_5356.JPG
    IMG_5356.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 675
Last edited:
Whoa, Jim's alive. I've tried calling you several times but can't get you. Maybe there's a reason for that. :p

Give me a call. Not sure if you received my emails or not.

Back in 2008 I did the Mark VIII spindle and brake upgrade to the blue 90 5-speed I have.
A couple of weeks ago I came across a 99 Mustang GT in the yards with a clean set of PBR dual piston calipers still on it.
After some wrenching and a good price I had them at home, cleaned up and ready to go.
Then I went out and picked up a set of drilled and slotted rotors late last week to complete the set up.

Today I was able to get everything changed out. While not as big as the set up "Big Daddy" Duane has they work really well.

very nice job question? are u use the same hose brakes? for this PBR calipers

very nice job question? are u use the same hose brakes? for this PBR calipers

I replaced the factory brake lines with the Classic Tube Braided Stainless Steel Brake Lines from the group buy several years ago.

I sent you a PM with the link to the "How To" write up I used when I did this.

I decided to go ahead and upgrade the rear brakes.
I picked up a set of David Dalke's Super Coupe Unlimited rear brake caliper relocation brackets before the Shootout and I today I ordered my new rear Cobra rotors.
Once they arrive I will be getting them drilled for the Thunderbird lug pattern.

More work completed over the last 2 days.
The new cobra rotor, SCU caliper relocation bracket, caliper and ceramic brake pads are installed on the rear passenger side and the drivers side is almost finished.

Attachments

• After.jpg
    After.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 537
Cobra Front Calipers

I acquired a set of cobra calipers and rotors to finish the brake upgrades.
This will correct my front GT /rear Cobra brake rotor size mismatch.

Just for you Duane, black on the rotors.

Attachments

• C2.jpg
    C2.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 429
Much better. Now, sand and paint the "Cobra" lettering black and you will have my approval.

Good grief! I know I'm bad on working on cars but it took you 4 years to change out a brake caliper and rotor. Does it take another 4 years to do the other side? I suppose I need to check this post in another 4 years.

Much better. Now, sand and paint the "Cobra" lettering black and you will have my approval.

Good grief! I know I'm bad on working on cars but it took you 4 years to change out a brake caliper and rotor. Does it take another 4 years to do the other side? I suppose I need to check this post in another 4 years.

Both calipers and rotors have been changed out :p and no, the letters are being painted silver.

Now that all the SC guys around here have moved or quit the SC except for Travis, I can work on my own stuff.

I seem to remember a SRT Ram with a tensioner pulley and a Ford Lightning with a bad front ABS sensor that are still waiting to be fixed.

Last edited:
I seem to remember a SRT Ram with a tensioner pulley and a Ford Lightning with a bad front ABS sensor that are still waiting to be fixed.

Well, I still have 3 more years to change those parts out.

Speaking on working on other people's vehicles. When are you coming up? I bought more junk for the Lightning that I need to swap out. You know you want to help. :)

Back