Another Rim Question

ThunderCoupe94

I am going to be buyin a set of 18x9.5 Cobra R's and i wanna know what else i have to change while doing it. Besides Tires lol. What do i have to install to make everything run perfect? And what size tires should i wrap them in? Just a question i wanted to know so i make sure i get everything i need to make it perfect. Thanks for any help.

Jayson

18's

You don't have to do anything. I'm running the same springs you have w/Bilsteins. Right off the bat though 40's look lame. I have mine wrapped in Nitto RRR Extremes 255 55 18's. The only thing you might want to consider is bagging the rear if you ever plan putting anything heavy in the trunk or back seat.

Jay94Sc, 9.5" rims might be tight on the front, especially on a 93 or newer car with the different spindles.

And Valentino, did you mean to type 255-45-18 ?? I don't see Nitto making 255-55-18, and that would be too tall for a T-Bird. I have 255-45-18 Goodyears on mine (on 8.5" rims), diameter on those at 27.0" is nice for filling the big fender openings. And I agree about the air bags, I have a pair of the AirLift bags inside my rear coils, works great for keeping the car level when it's loaded up with crap.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Tire Size

Oops! Yeah Ed I did mean to type 255 45 18's. And...Ed, I haven't bagged the rear coils yet. Are yours set up so that they are inflated at all times. I'm looking to get a compressor set-up so I can adjust on the fly. Where'd you get your Airlifts from? Do you like them?

I usually keep them at about 10 psi, and pump them up to about 30 when I have the car loaded up, and also for the dragstrip. I purchased mine through the local speed-shop chain store in Toronto that I help out at occasionally ... to get more info and find a dealer for them, have a look HERE . They have worked well, I've had the car loaded up with 5 mounted tires, floor jack, tool box, spare parts, and a few days worth of luggage to go to some open-track events, and they keep the car level, and the ride is still fine too.

cheers
Ed N.

ed hopefully your subscribed to this thread

what do you mean the 9.5 might be tight with 93 spindles.

I'm getting some wheels that are only 9 wide but whould like to know what you know about 93 spindles.

I'm doing a brake upgrade and change to 5x4.5 bolt pattern, so i'm not getting wheels that are "supposed to fit" the bird, but i've been learning a whole bunch about wheels and fitments and such and am thinking about writing a tech article, so if you could tell me what is up with the 93 spindles, thanks

jim

Back