Exhaust manifold porting.

91BLOWNSC

Can someone give me a rough estimate on what this costs to have my stock exhaust manifolds ported out? My head gaskets are going to be replaced soon and I assume it will be easy to get them off from the top with everything else that comes off. Is this an accurate assumption? Also where is a reliable and cheap place to buy the set of ARP head bolts for my SC. Also is porting out the stock manifolds the way to go. Thanks.

In my opinion, yes, it is the way to go. You can pick up a lot more bang for the buck then what headers will give you. Check out the link for porting services. There are also a couple pairs of them for sale in the Classifieds section.

Thomas

CLICK ME FOR PORTING

porting

I'm having a local machine shop do mine while the motor is out of the car. He is charging me $80. He said to bring the gaskets with me because you shouldn't open the pipes wider than the gasket.
Ed

Well..

Has anyone tried the use of studs instead of head bolts. Are they more expensive? Any pluses of using one over the other? Also can someone tell me where I can purchase either one of the two! I can't find them for my car! thanks.

wow...

There over twice the cost. I dont' have many mods for my car so I dont' think I can justify using the head studs. Not to mention it says the following:

ARP Head Studs - Click here to learn about Head Gaskets
190,000 psi tensile strength
Repair that blown head gasket properly with ARP Head Studs. The OEM fasteners are not reusable but the ARP products are!
A must for anyone making serious power. $135 set

ARP Rod Bolts
190,000 psi tensile strength $60 Now Available Again

If there the same tensile strength...what makes one stronger than the other. Is there just let movement with the Head studs?

Also I think I am going to go with the "ARP Head Bolts". But why on here do they call them "Rod Bolts"?

Forget the porting

Hello,
I just bought a set of headers off a 2K Mudstain (Mustang). They need very little re working on the drivers side to clear the steering stuff.
When all is said and done I will have paid 70 bux. Just check out ebay or the V6 Mustang boards. You can get a pretty good deal. They will flow better than the stock headers.
Laterz,
D Rainer

Check out the link below for install.
http://www.supercatxr7.freewebspace.com/photo2.html

Back