Oil Dipstick Support

91BLOWNSC

Hey guys I have a 95 SC with a set of kooks midlength headers. Am I wrong to assumed that on the stock manifolds there was a support to bolt the oil tube onto that keeps it in place? If this is the case, the kooks do not have that support tab, or at least mine do not. Can anyone make recommendations on how they now support the tube?

Thanks!

Mark

Hey guys I have a 95 SC with a set of kooks midlength headers. Am I wrong to assumed that on the stock manifolds there was a support to bolt the oil tube onto that keeps it in place? If this is the case, the kooks do not have that support tab, or at least mine do not. Can anyone make recommendations on how they now support the tube?

Thanks!

Mark

Support is part of the dipstick tube and bolts on using one of the header/manifold flange bolts. Sounds like you need another dipstick tube.

David

Tube should include a brace that uses one of the manifold bolts...something like this, I think:
DST32.jpg

If your tube is floating around, that brace may still be attached to the engine...and there may be holes open to the atmosphere in the tube, so best to find a nice clean intact replacement.

Thanks guys.

I actually have had the issue for a while, but haven't had to deal with it until now. I will just order a new one. Anyone know if the dealer still supplies new ones?

Thanks guys.

I actually have had the issue for a while, but haven't had to deal with it until now. I will just order a new one. Anyone know if the dealer still supplies new ones?

You won't find one at a dealer....they've been gone for several years. I guess you could get lucky.

If all else fails you can tack on an arm to get you thru.

Make sure you attach to the engine so it stays with rotation.

Paul

Back