transmisson controller question...

Last edited:
Ugh, I didn't realize that Baumann owned powertraincontrolsolutions. Well at least the powertraincontrolsolutions controller is proven...unlike Baumann's original attempt that didn't work. Maybe they bought the working solution.

I think he meant Baumann owns USShift I looked at the Baumann as well as the PCS unit myself but decided on the compushiftII because it is more tuneable and you don't have to have a laptop to make changes plus it's preprogrammed unlike the PCS unit. Also for me since they are in socal if I have any problems i can just take my car directly to them.

I have the Optishift now USSShift. Works like a charm and I paid $350 with the harness instead of the $1000 plus needed to buy the PCS unit.

Ugh, I didn't realize that Baumann owned powertraincontrolsolutions. Well at least the powertraincontrolsolutions controller is proven...unlike Baumann's original attempt that didn't work. Maybe they bought the working solution.

That was the Bauminator and it is 20 years old. A lot has changed in 20 years. Hyundai used to be the biggest poc on the road and now they make highly rated cars.

That was the Bauminator and it is 20 years old. A lot has changed in 20 years. Hyundai used to be the biggest poc on the road and now they make highly rated cars.
I know it was a long time ago, I also know it cost me a lot of money....yeah, I'm still bitter:(

It is nice to see there are options now.

Back