Oil Pan ?

Robert Kohlman

How hard is it to put on a new oil pan on a 95 SC with a 5 speed. I don't have a manual on the 95 model and I don't know how much different they are.

Thanks In advance.

Bob

I'm looking at the manual for my 90 and it appears to be a pretty good amount of work. It looks like you may as well replace the motor mounts while you are there. I'm hoping that the 95 doesn't involve raising up the motor.

Also, does anyone have an idea how much an oil pan is for a 95?

Thanks, Bob

The oil pans are the same between all 3.8L Birds (SC/NA) from 89+. The only difference is some have the sensor. The only way we changed mine was with the motor out. I think my dad managed to order it from his work (he's a mechanic for a logging company in OR) for about 70$ I think they run about 120$ retail. But keep that in mind, you can use one from an earlier motor but you will need one drilled for the sensor (I assume yours has a VMM)

Thanks,

I thought that the oil pans would be the same and that the procedure would be the same. My manual doesn't say that the motor has to come all of the way out. It just says that it has to be raised up in order to get the pan off.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about just having to raise the motor as opposed to pulling it all of the way out. Luckily my cousin is an ASE Certified Master Mechanic. When you own an SC it's like having a doctor in the house.

Bob

You probably could get by with raising the motor, I just said we had it out when we did it so I'm not sure hoe much harder it will be with it in.

I paid almost $400 for a brand new oil pan. Check your motor mounts, mine crushed my oil pan when both broke a few years ago.

I paid almost $400 for a brand new oil pan. Check your motor mounts, mine crushed my oil pan when both broke a few years ago.

Back