dash removal question

bumpskier45

so I got the dash off,so many wires to unhook btw,one of the is a huge harness its white and round about the diamater of a 12 ounce coke,there look to be three area's wich need to be depressed one at the 12 oclock position one at 5 and one at 7,my question is how do you depress all three and pull,is there a trick to removing this harness?

I thought I remember there being a 10 mm bolt thru the middle that separates it. the 3 tabs just hold on the backshell. don't hold me to this.

no bolt on the center of this one that I can see,there is another connector close to that one that does have a bolt in the middle of it though,that one came off no problem at all.

Dash wiring harness

Sounds like you are talking about the connector in the fire wall near the brake master cylinder. There is a 10mm bolt that is accessed from the engine side. Once loosened, pull the engine bay harness off. Then you can access the three tabs from the engine side. Push them in and push the dash side connector into the cabin.

After removing the engine-bay side (after loosening the 10mm head bolt), I pressed one tab at a time and walked it out. Easy peasy compared to the REST of the job.

See the recent posts about my removal - turns out the top bolt for the dead pedal or foot brake is the one hidden inside the dash, NOT the one you can see while looking up under the dash!

RwP

I see the bolt now thanks,didn't know there was one I thought it just pulled off like the rest of them did.There is one other wire on the passenger side that I had to cut that looked alot like tv cable on the outside,with a green wire and a red wire right next to it,didn't seem to have any disconection point I had to cut it to get the dash off,anyone know what this is for? I can take a picture if no one knows what im talking about.It comes through where the door closes where the switch is to shut off the dome light when the door closes and rids the bottom of the glove compartment from there can't see where it goes from there.

There is one other wire on the passenger side that I had to cut that looked alot like tv cable on the outside,with a green wire and a red wire right next to it,didn't seem to have any disconection point I had to cut it to get the dash off,anyone know what this is for?
That WAS your antenna cable. :rolleyes: You were supposed to disconnect it from under the fender liner and push it up into the pass compartment.. :rolleyes:

doesn't look like it mattered anyway,the new dash has a different style of cable so i can't reconnect them.My old one had fine mesh copper surrounding a single copper wire,the new dash has lots of small wires in it.I also have another problem one of the connectors is not the same right where the ecu is the three going to the ecu are the same but this last white one is not,see pics.

pics

trying to upload pic not sure if this is going to work,if it does the connector on the left is from my dash the one on the right is from the new dash,the one from my car has little wires wrapped around each other going into on point,the other one has only one wire totaling 6,I will have to rewired but im not sure where to start.

found out what the connector is for,traced it back to the radio,the sc's must have come with different radio's jbl,and non jbl etc,anway ill assume the extra wires on my dash was because mine had an amp,and this dash's car didn't with only 4 wires.

Back