Transmission Help Needed, PLEASE

marc1971

I have asked this before with little to no imput, but I need some help guys. I purchased a transmission from an 04 mustang to go into my 95 supercoupe. Apparently there was a change to the speedometer hook up in 03 I was unaware of at time of purchase. Can I still use this transmission without any functionality issues besides non working speedometer? Or will this transmission not work period? Please guys, any advise will be awesome. Thanks.

You probably need to send a message to Alan Brown at Dirtyd0g Transmissions, as this is more of a transmission specific question than a Super Coupe question. I think he goes by dirtydog on here.

I have asked this before with little to no imput, but I need some help guys. I purchased a transmission from an 04 mustang to go into my 95 supercoupe. Apparently there was a change to the speedometer hook up in 03 I was unaware of at time of purchase. Can I still use this transmission without any functionality issues besides non working speedometer? Or will this transmission not work period? Please guys, any advise will be awesome. Thanks.

There may be a way to work around it - but in response, a) No, you will have PCM problems unless you can fake the speedo input (since there's things like, oh, shift points that are slightly dependent on the road speed), and b) Why would not having a speedo output cause a transmission to not work period?

There ARE units that are available - Autometer sells a GPS-based unit that can replace the speedo gear with some work - but it may be better to sell that transmission and buy one with a proper VSS drive.

RwP

Back