Change AirCondition display color

Tedor

Hi!

Im planing on changing the aircondition display color, do anybody know which buld there is? Or what do I have to do...

I have a 91 SC

thanks
best regards

Last edited:
If you look on the SCCoA Facebook group a member by the name of Todd Holman just recently switched everything color in his interior to red. I'm not sure what he goes by on the forums though

Thanks, but that is on a 94-95. I have a 91 and that is not the same :cool:

Regards

Details are not. General theme - is. You still remove the plastic and replace it, and he covers the various styles of Neowedge lamps that were available at the time.

What, you think just because it's a different year the car is magically exempt from the same laws of physics?

RwP

Never said that, If you look in his thread and on a 91, some things are not.. No need for that attitude haha

Never said that, If you look in his thread and on a 91, some things are not.. No need for that attitude haha

Not an attitude, just a statement of fact.

You would have to change out the Neowedge bulbs (same ones in both vintage controllers, BTW!), and change out the plastic piece over the temp display.

I fail to see how that's significantly different between the two.

Also, it's due to the same laws of physics you have to change out the plastic - so, again, while the exact details may vary, the general method does not.

RwP

I also have a 95 but like Ralph said the steps might be a little different but the idea is the same.
the hardest part is changing the lcd color it has a green plastic cover over it so I took it out and cut a new one and bought clear purple tape off ebay (I'm changing my interior to purple and white) and covered it, not sure with the early models but on ours the plastic is held in by the panel face and its very thin so you have to really take your time getting it out without tearing it
the LCD's lite white so what ever color you put in front of it changes it so its easy just a little time consuming

color change

brads right .. you have to find something to replace the green piece with . whether its the same process for early years I cant say . best bet .. grab another unit from the junkyard carefully take it apart see whats needed to change out green filter then you got a back - up or you can mod that one too and sell it a friend.. .. and the two bulbs just need to be changed to color leds I think # 74 bulbs of your choice...some of that stage lighting film should work well I used a red cd case cut to fit.. about to finish off the project with the clock using a piece of a mustang tail light... im the todd guy on facebook.. tccoa has some great stuff on the subject as well... hope that helps....

I party has a a plate or dish that is transparent dark blue almost purple. Cut out a piece to use as a light filter.

Back