Carlisle, On the road

Regul8r

Post here and let us know you are on the road...

5am Wednesday Morning, June 5th.
Dee and I, hitting the road to Alex's(Gran Torino Group) in Louisville Kentucky
I-70 East from Junction City to St Louis then on in to Louisville.
10 1/2hrs according to MapQuest.
Driving Dee's '12 Mustang
Arrive around around 4pm

Carl 785 SevenOneSeven 57Two5
Dee 785 ThreeSevenFive 72Four7

Thursday convoy out from Louisville to Carlisle
Anyone is more than welcome to join me/us along the way.

Good luck and safe travels to all!
See you in Carlisle!

Post here and let us know you are on the road...

5am Wednesday Morning, June 5th.
Dee and I, hitting the road to Alex's(Gran Torino Group) in Louisville Kentucky
I-70 East from Junction City to St Louis then on in to Louisville.
10 1/2hrs according to MapQuest.
Driving Dee's '12 Mustang
Arrive around around 4pm

Carl 785 SevenOneSeven 57Two5
Dee 785 ThreeSevenFive 72Four7

Thursday convoy out from Louisville to Carlisle
Anyone is more than welcome to join me/us along the way.

Good luck and safe travels to all!
See you in Carlisle!

Be Safe......I will see you Friday around noon

We made it to Louisville!

Dee and I pulled in to Alex's, then Malcolm and Valerie were about 20minutes behind us coming in from Hattiesburg, MS.
All safe and sound in Louisville!

Teresa and Alex put on a good dinner spread.

Alex's has a 68 Fastback Mustang drag car that we finally got to see (AND HEAR) in person... one BADASS machine!

We all loaded up and headed out to go look at a car...
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage edition, Alex... BOUGHT IT!

Then we stopped and talked to a new guy in town with 1965 Comet Drag car in his driveway... Alex made a friend!

THE ADVENTURE BEGINS!

We head out in the morning to Carlisle.
Up through Ohio so Alex's truck doesn't have to work as hard over the mountains with the Torino on the trailer.

See y'all tomorrow!

Hitting the road at 8:00 AM in the morning. Hope to safely make it through the tropical storm and stop in Richmond/Petersburg, VA tomorrow night. With the SC on the trailer behind the Denali Xl, it will make for a long day on the road.

Bryan

Hitting the road at 8:00 AM in the morning. Hope to safely make it through the tropical storm and stop in Richmond/Petersburg, VA tomorrow night. With the SC on the trailer behind the Denali Xl, it will make for a long day on the road.

Bryan

Dang Bryan, You'll be close to me. I am a hour north of richmond. We are thinking of leaving thursday night to try and beat the rain, but now looks like it will be raining thursday night. If we roll friday morning maybe you can join us. If you don't mind going slow following a rv towing a 28' enclosed trailer.

up and at 'em this morning, heading out at 630 should put us at the hotel around 4pm.

Next post... CARLISLE!

Dang Bryan, You'll be close to me. I am a hour north of richmond. We are thinking of leaving thursday night to try and beat the rain, but now looks like it will be raining thursday night. If we roll friday morning maybe you can join us. If you don't mind going slow following a rv towing a 28' enclosed trailer.

Chris are you going up I-81 or I-270?

I will be getting on I-66 at Marshall about 9:30 Friday morning and going up I-81. After going to a retirement brief with the school system at 8:45, suppose to only take 20 minutes.

Pulled into the Fairfield Inn in Emporia at 10:00PM.... rained almost all the way from Central FL. Got on the road a bit later than expected this morning due to the rain. I sure hope the weather gets this rain out of its system today and tomorrow. Hope to be back on the road at a reasonable time tomorrow morning to enjoy more driving in the rain.

Bryan

The eastern PA contingent is on the road. Hopefully the rain is gone by early tomorrow morning like they're saying.

DW

What a GREAT weekend!

Left Carlisle at 730 in the morning Friday.
Made it to Massachusetts for my daughters graduation.
Went to dinner then hit the road back to Carlisle.
Made it in to the hotel at 430 am slept til 930 and made it to the showfield at 1030-1100 and met the Gran Torino and SC groups!

Show was just as awesome as I always thought it would be!

We all enjoyed a great dinner at Olive Garden... 42 of us!

Now we are at the hotel in the meeting room sharing a wedding anniversary with one of our Gran Torino couples!

Back