Load, Fuel Consumption, and Horse Power

90sc35thann

I have a question for the team.

When going through your datalogs and reading your VMAF is it possible to estimate HP? Meaning if you calculate how much fuel you are consuming at max voltage on your MAF and using the fuel injector size calculator, you could back into a HP estimate, correct?

Pretty sure you can calculate bsfc's to get a close estimate on what the motor is making although I don't know how to figure it up. Typically the load curve will closely resemble the tq curve on a single turbo setup, probably true for a blower as well. Another way is to compare your mafv to others who have dyno'd to see what they got using the same maf

Notice how my load peaks around 4200rpm which is very similar to my last dyno session where load peaked at 4250 on this boost setting. Sorry, would not let me post my dyno graph again. You will have to go to my dyno thread to compare the log.

Attachments

• loadvsrpm.png
    loadvsrpm.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I'm sure you'd need to know fuel injector flow at whatever psi, and duty cycle. figure fuel pulswidth, actual AFR, displacement of engine, volume or density of air flow, rpm. throw them all into a kettle. bring to 400 degrees for 20 minutes, occasionally stir, let cool and serve. calories per serving will equate to horsepower estimate.

Gears were turning in my head last night. Just playing around with BE, logs, and kicking around ideas. I should probably stop thinking so much it gets me into trouble.

Back