What are your opinions on this port job?

LIVipers

Let me know what if you guys see anything odd about this port job. Note: i did not do this

Thanks,
Tom

A bit overkill

Guess, you haven't run this yet? Saw pics of your blower/mp plenum put together...

Hopefully your rotors aren't backwards:p

Messin with ya Tom:)

No it's on the car now Tom haha. I'm just wondering if this could be a source of poor performance is all

Make a little vid so peeps can see how it performs maybe? Also how do you feel about the way it performs...

Based on what I have seen.

Typical radius is cut to the inside to move air off the rotors.

On the original port it was cut to the top of the rotor lobe.

I believe the MPX moved the target air back to pick it off the leading edge of the rotor pocket which hurt low end but increased flow higher up.

Not sure what source this is useng but my uneducated guess is that is leaking pressure early and not building full boost.

Paul

So should I discontinue running it and get a new blower or should I run it and see how well it performs

Tom

I don't think there is a down side to running it.

Typical swap is 2-2.5 hrs so no harm no foul.

It may turn out to be a bingo.:)

Paul

True, I just don't want to be losing significant performance by running it. I have to sort out some vacuum leaks and change plugs because the car was running extremely rich for a few days, so I'm hoping that all that will bring the low end power to where I want it

Tom I would say drive it man see how it does, unless if u arent making the correct boost or feel like its becoming a pig then get another blower and port it urself its not a hard job to do

I Think the main downfall was opening it on a different angle, from all i read before porting mine , the triangle is supposed to be perpendicular to the silencer ports and widening it over 1/4" could be overporting zone it must stay within rotor timing

Even the pear looking ports stay within rotor timing because the triangle opens after the bolt bosses but stays perpendicular from the ports

Here are some pics of blower outlets

The s port outlet stays same size outlet but smoothed out I dont have a pic of this one tho

Last edited:
I read that the rotor should not be open at the inlet and outlet at the same time. So turn the rotor until it is open at the inlet side and see if it is also open at the outlet as well.

Back