PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Carlisle.

ricardoa1
06-10-2013, 02:18 PM
So the gang wants to do something special for 2014, we are looking for ideas on how to get more public awareness.

We all agreed that we should bring a gutted SC and do a burnout. Problem is the disposal of the vehicle after the event. I think we have a few members that can help bring it back at their expense with hopes they can make a few bucks parting it the rest etc.

Not sure how to collect funds for such a stunt. But the crowd at the show expects a loud car, so open headders and also they expect to blow the tires off the car. SCCOA.COM could be sprayed painted on the side of the car something crazy or but that represents the car and the club well.

We need a full sized radiator installed, with a large fan. The car needs to run in third gear to blow the tires in less than 3 minutes.

Any other ideas are welcomed. Additional ideas for membership attendance would be great.

BLOWN38
06-10-2013, 03:19 PM
I have some dump pipes just need some down tubes. I think some water injection with a big ole tank and some line locks would help too(or just loosen up the rear brakes). If it don't die the first year we can use it for the next year too.:D

And if we can get this to happen too, would be good.;)

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/941769_208292025990505_353709147_n.jpg

BLOWN38
06-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Not sure why we can't pull all these guys for carlisle. There alot of them from PA and Jersey.

Maybe we need some in house voting like the marauder guys do.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/954850_208305475989160_1184278534_n.jpg

Rob
06-11-2013, 07:05 PM
What are you guys thinking for a burnout car? auto or 5 speed? any special year? I have a 93 auto black I might be able to fix up for next year, maybe someone could come up with the lettering??

JasonMiller94SC
06-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Not sure why we can't pull all these guys for carlisle. There alot of them from PA and Jersey.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/954850_208305475989160_1184278534_n.jpg

I think a lot of people can't afford to do both. I know I'm in that boat. Was going to look into making a return to Carlisle next year but we've just booked a week long cruise that is leaving May 30th.

One day I'll make it back up there. But until then I'll keep the cars at my house. No joke, the name of my development is Carlisle Village.

Chris, if you want to repeat that fire from a few years back I think the secret was Armor All. :D

XxSlowpokexX
06-11-2013, 11:47 PM

What do you mena in house voting?

BLOWN38
06-11-2013, 11:49 PM
What do you mena in house voting?

They have their own awards other than the carlisle stuff.

XxSlowpokexX
06-12-2013, 12:34 AM
They have their own awards other than the carlisle stuff.

We did that in 2010, 2011 and 2012. In 2010 the SCCOA reimbursed me for the trophies. 2011 I paid for them myself and in 2012 I did plaques which I paid for myself as well. I kept myself out of the voting to make it fair. It was inhouse voting and every SC in field got to vote on a car. Bottomline was that I was sick of spending a few hundred on trophies and on top of that shelling out for the go karts every year which I somehow always loose out on as well. So this year I said screw the trophies and its as though we never did it? Commone.

However I'm glad there is some new enthusiasm now that the club is in new hands..However all along we had been looking for volunteers to help organize the various activities because no one man can do them all. And honestly with or without the clubs support there should be equal enthusism. Because regardless of who runs it. We are the club. And its only as good as we make it. Such as this event, the shootout or whatever.

So things we have done in the past

Tshirts
SCCOA Stuff for sale
Dash Plaques
SC cruise
Friday night dinner/after activities
Olive Garden Dinner
GoKarts
Trophies
Raffle Items(that need to be donated from sponsors or manufacturers)
BBQ
Grab Bag(this year new item)

What Id like to see

Is most all of the above plus

More people taking the lead on activities we deciede to do and sticking to it. Ive tried that in the past with various success. But that is KEY to making this work

SC for burnout...That will be fun...And Ken Seegers may be the one to take her home..Tim the driver

To compete for best themed club tent. WHo knows

More SCCOA items for sale not for personal profit, but to get cash to the club to help with such events. Everytime we put shirts for sal epeople actually buy them! Go figure.

What I dont want to see however is the SCCOA blowing its load on items that cant be sustained. A tent and tables, awards and a small donation for the BBQ should be good.

There really isnt much time and the weekend goes real quick..

To end my rant...If we want to compare our club to the Marauders. Thier website has donated money every year for the event and they have more people volunteering then we have showing up or even interested in showing up. We fix that...things wil happen. But we need to do it in an organized way.

I have no issues volunteering my time as I enjoy seeing each and every one of you. Its always a good time and we all get along great. What we need is another 20 people to feel the same way! This year was the lowest turnout yet. Lets change that!

ricardoa1
06-12-2013, 08:42 AM
A way to raise funds for the event is a raffle for a special large item. Imagine a twin screw kit being raffled off, 10 dollar buy in, and run the raffle six months in advance. Or maybe a quarter horse or a mp fmic. Paint job from Gary? Something of value and folks are willing to bet on.

That's important
Shootout has a small raffle but only capitalizes on the attendees. We need to post it on the main page and get people to enter.

J dot Miller
06-12-2013, 08:58 PM
As some of you know by my PM's, we thought you guys were organized this year. Please keep the Eastern PA chapter in the loop with respect to goodie bags and awards. Because if we knew, we could have helped out this year.. As a matter of fact we have a stash of custom made awards that could easily be adjusted for 2014.
:cool:

WES92SC
06-30-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm kind of like the new kid on the block. If I did not have plans the weekend this event went off I would have had to trailer my 92 in (NO A/C), BUT if I know of the dates this will go off in 14, I will set aside my drive time and be more than willing to help out in whatever way I can. Now take a good look at where I will be coming from - Houston, TX to Carlisle, PA- not a 1 day cruise through the woods fer sure. And by that time I should have all the goodies either fixed, switched out, painted/polished/chromed/black'd out that is necessary to make my lil old 92 a minor street screamer.

I need a road trip after sitting idle for the last 2 years- but is there any good fishin spots near Carlisle? I won't be able to bring my boat- but if ya all have any ideas, I'm all ears.

Consider a plaque or ? for furthest traveled via drive in or trailered in..

BLOWN38
06-30-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm kind of like the new kid on the block. If I did not have plans the weekend this event went off I would have had to trailer my 92 in (NO A/C), BUT if I know of the dates this will go off in 14, I will set aside my drive time and be more than willing to help out in whatever way I can. Now take a good look at where I will be coming from - Houston, TX to Carlisle, PA- not a 1 day cruise through the woods fer sure. And by that time I should have all the goodies either fixed, switched out, painted/polished/chromed/black'd out that is necessary to make my lil old 92 a minor street screamer.

I need a road trip after sitting idle for the last 2 years- but is there any good fishin spots near Carlisle? I won't be able to bring my boat- but if ya all have any ideas, I'm all ears.

Consider a plaque or ? for furthest traveled via drive in or trailered in..
It should be June 6-8 2014. Looks like maybe next month they should put it up on the site carsatcarlisle.com (http://carsatcarlisle.com)

The potomac river is good bass/snakehead fishing and about 2.5 hours from carlisle.

Regul8r
07-01-2013, 02:49 AM
FYI,
next year will be all about the Mustang, it is the 50th anniversary of Mustang.
So others may end up getting lost even further in the weeds in '14.

Love the idea of a gutted and loud SC for the Burnout!
We are looking at doing that for the Gran Torino group too!

XxSlowpokexX
06-09-2014, 05:13 PM
HMMM...SHOWING UP HELPS!lmao!!!!!

So the gang wants to do something special for 2014, we are looking for ideas on how to get more public awareness.

We all agreed that we should bring a gutted SC and do a burnout. Problem is the disposal of the vehicle after the event. I think we have a few members that can help bring it back at their expense with hopes they can make a few bucks parting it the rest etc.

Not sure how to collect funds for such a stunt. But the crowd at the show expects a loud car, so open headders and also they expect to blow the tires off the car. SCCOA.COM could be sprayed painted on the side of the car something crazy or but that represents the car and the club well.

We need a full sized radiator installed, with a large fan. The car needs to run in third gear to blow the tires in less than 3 minutes.

Any other ideas are welcomed. Additional ideas for membership attendance would be great.