Questions before Buying..

Billabong089

Hey this guy has both a 93 5.0 HO V8 Thunderbird for $3000 and a 92 5spd Supercharged Thunderbird for $3500.

I didnt get to look at them yet but when I do what should i look at and what kind of questions? HE did say the supercoupe had 130k miles on the body but the engine was rebuilt, it has true dual exhaust, performance chip, k&n filter, the v8 one has a new crate engine...

So basically what car would you buy if both were perfect... and two... what things should I check out to make sure its not a piece of crap ;)

thanks

Also I wanna take a look at it today.. so i need a quick response :-D

i would go with the Sc, They are fun as hell to drive, I guess you should make sure that the engine is good, since it is rebulit ask about miles. and see if he was the only owner, if so. was she driven hard, Guys anything else, i'm sure i'm forgetting something

matt

Billabong089 said:
Hey this guy has both a 93 5.0 HO V8 Thunderbird for $3000 and a 92 5spd Supercharged Thunderbird for $3500.

I didnt get to look at them yet but when I do what should i look at and what kind of questions? HE did say the supercoupe had 130k miles on the body but the engine was rebuilt, it has true dual exhaust, performance chip, k&n filter, the v8 one has a new crate engine...

So basically what car would you buy if both were perfect... and two... what things should I check out to make sure its not a piece of crap ;)

All thing concidered, I say the SC.

As for what to look at: Here is a link to our "Buying Tips" page.

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/buyingtips.html

I hope you find it helpful. :cool:

About the V8, what does that compare.. whats the torque and horsepower in the V8 5.0 HO models?

The mustang 5.0 HO are quite nice...

Hopefully I'll get to look at this car tommorrow...

Billabong089 said:

About the V8, what does that compare.. whats the torque and horsepower in the V8 5.0 HO models?

The mustang 5.0 HO are quite nice...

Hopefully I'll get to look at this car tommorrow...

I'm not sure of the ratings on the 5.0 HO Bird's, but i do know that for about $200.00 you can make an SC run about 1.25 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile! :D

We have a guy that comes to Club Clash (see sccoia.org) that runs a 93 LX w/5.0 HO and his best time is right on the 16 second mark. My 93 SC runs 14.81's and I'm sure it will do better than that with some tuning! :)

Back