advance auto parts

tbirdtony

hey has anyone used the high pressure side steering hose from advance auto parts . I bought one and right after I got it all back together and started the purge procedure it blew the tubing right out of the pressure nut screwed into the evo actuator. now I wonder if I have a blockage somewhere. I have replaced the steering rack 2 years ago with an advance auto parts unit and the pump is about the same age. I will have to check if I have any pinches in the return line and if not I guess i'll just assume it was a defective part and get another one and start over.

Ditto. When I r&r my engine last year I replaced this hose for precautionary reasons with a hose from advance. My only gripe was that the rubber insulators that prevent it from rubbing against frame were much thinner than the factory insulators and the hose was rubbing up against the frame. I removed the thinner insulators and re-used the factory insulators. Other than that the hose has been in use for over a year now. No issues.

Back