Radio dont work

plenum

my radio Quit. My power antenna don't work. Is radio worth fixing? Where to find one that's works and plugs in? If I go Aftermarket, do I need a Adaptor?

my radio Quit. My power antenna don't work. Is radio worth fixing? Where to find one that's works and plugs in? If I go Aftermarket, do I need a Adaptor?

If it's a PSS or JBL system, I'd send a PM to TwoTimeSC here on the forum, and see what he'd get for fixing it.

But before I did THAT - I'd triple check the fuses to it. It'd be silly to pay his rate (as reasonable as it is!) to find out that yep, the fuse needed to be replaced.

As to adapter, yep, you'll need one unless you really want to hack up the wiring.

Crutchfield can help you there.

But you WILL need to let them know WHICH radio (base, base cassette, Premium Sound System with the toggle switch volume control, or the JBL head) so they can advise on the PROPER adapter (why, yes, PSS/JBL are wired differently than the base units, why did you ask?)

What year it is may make a difference also.

None of that was visible in your post, BTW.

RwP

antenna ...

When a power antenna stops working it's usually a broken mast - the plastic strip with teeth that's in the mast eventually breaks leaving part of the strip in the motor. It's not to difficult to replace. I had a '97 LX with a power antenna that quit. Turned out to be a "power antenna relay" that was located behind the glove box. I'm not sure if that relay came on the Super Coupe - maybe on the '94 and '95s?

Eddie
'90 5-speed SC modified
'90 automatic SC, stock

Back