ignition switch

good to doo

Hi there all, I have just joined the club. I,m working on a 95 sc with 5 speed. after researching here I think my ignition switch is causing my random no start problem. sometimes the car is completely dead I can,t even open the trunk with the button. so far all I have done is wiggle the key back and forth and the car has started. so I,m thinking of changing that ignition switch, or could it be the tumbler. can I do this with the colume still in the car?

Yes, you can do both with column still in the car. Kinda sounds like it might be Both tumblor and switch. it's 18 or so years old, so they prob need replaced anyway in my opinion.

Last edited:
I'd do the switch (at the bottom of the column) first.

If you do decide to do the tumbler, do a Google against both here and TCCoA's forums on the actuator rod - they're failing with age, and there's some replacement part numbers for them (I don't know them offhand, and being a Gen1, I don't have that joint that fails on the 94+ MN12s ... my tumbler is below the tilt, so I don't have that pin that breaks on the 94+, where the tumbler is ABOVE the tilt ...)

RwP

Back