Heater and vaccum hose help..

gaetz1985

Hey guys, hows it going? I want to start this thread off by saying, aside from the car I got my engine out of, the only Super Coupe I've ever actually even seen in person is davec73's beast the day he got his engine in his car. So a running one I still have yet to mess with at all.. I have found some threads here and there about it , and franklly, maybe the info is there somewhere and I'm just not understanding it.. Regaurdless, I have absolutely no idea where to find: 1.) A coolant hose diagram 2.) A vacuum hose diagram. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cooling flow map

The upper/lower radiator hoses should be self-explanatory.

Attachments

• SC_CoolantPathHeaterEtc.jpg
    SC_CoolantPathHeaterEtc.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 557
So a hose for the coolant system goes from the outlet for the ect, to the fire wall.. Then from outlet on firewall to the oil cooler? And from the oil cooler to the water pump? no that cant be right...

In my head I mean, not your diagram..

Edit: The more I look at it I guess that is right...

Last edited:
Back to the vacuum routing.. Heres so we (I) can see it easier:
attachment-2_zps4c379894.gif

Okay.. So in the route that goes from the inlet plenum to two diff boxes marked man vac(whats this) that ends at thisABV?(whats this), one goes to EVR(whats this) and another to speed control/water(whats this)?
Can I just cap the fitting that this route starts at on the plenum?

Fpr is the one that goes to the rail obviously.
Also.. I have no egr.. What about this?

I know alot of questions at once guys.. Again I appreciate any help.. I dont want to just get by making it work.. I want to "know" how all this needs to be.

Last edited:
Edit: The more I look at it I guess that is right...

It goes from the firewall, over the back of the engine to the driver's side, then follows the valve cover to the front, where it ducks down behind the alternator to the oil filter heat exchanger adapter - it then exits the adapter, goes down around and under the front, where it (pipe-to-hose) attaches to and enters the water pump on the lower, front pass side. It then exits the intake manifold at the ECT tee on the pass. side/upper where it snakes it's way back to the firewall.

Some of these hoses are still available and some are not. As an example, the pipe-to-hose where it enters the water pump from the oil filter exchanger will most likely need the hose part part removed if failing/failed, and then a short section of new hose added - be careful. I just did my water pump, and the last guy in there just used a short straight section of rubber hose that had been pinched for some time, impeding flow to the whole loop to the heater and the exchanger. I found a molded piece at a local auto parts store that had the right turn, cut the ends as required and now all is well there.

The bypass hose at the (upper) pump to the thermostat housing should be available new..might need trimming depending on the supplier, but it will be easy to puzzle out in any case. I had to wait for mine to come in, so I bought a spare :)

I have all hoses.. Just took it all apart in oct of last year.. And im using a 2000 mustang timing cover and pump and the engine will be in a 2000 mustang.. So I figure something will have to be fabbed..

Back to the vacuum routing.. Heres so we (I) can see it easier:
attachment-2_zps4c379894.gif

I notice this schematic shows no vac line running from the rear plenum to the inlet plenum.. Why is that? Because mine definately has one..

Pretty much I need to know, can I cap off the route that goes to these man vac and ends w the abv or whatever and cap the pcv route at the fittings and the car run right?

Last edited:
Lol.. Yes I have one, Im asking what the abbreviations are.. Lol.. And can I bypass the man vac boxes or whatever in the diagram and go straight to the acuator? I'm trying to keep everything as simple as possible and my engine bay clean so my pretty engine stays pretty. :)
2013-06-15140059_zps99d5f8f7.jpg

Last edited:
Back