headlamps

elanoresc

So fellas I am stuck again have a headlamp problem. I was one my way to a hotel after a wedding Saturday and turned my brights off when car was coming toward me and parking lights came on I have no low beams just highs and parks any ideas what could of went wrong checked fuse under hood it was good checked half of panel fuses before it got dark. I do not have owners manual to know what fuses are what down there so just looked for toasted ones other than that haven't got a clue bulbs are good and replaced anyways any insight would be much obliged thank you for any help

I'd also be checking the multi function switch - I doubt head light switch itself, since you do have high beams. The MFS selects high and/or low beams.

And after you repair or replace it, I'd ALSO HIGHLY recommend a relay type harness to move most of the current off the MFS to the relays you add.

Google for "9005 9006 HID relay" and remember, one reason why is to get heavier wiring - so don't buy the $2.9873 specials!

RwP

I'd also be checking the multi function switch - I doubt head light switch itself, since you do have high beams. The MFS selects high and/or low beams.

And after you repair or replace it, I'd ALSO HIGHLY recommend a relay type harness to move most of the current off the MFS to the relays you add.

Google for "9005 9006 HID relay" and remember, one reason why is to get heavier wiring - so don't buy the $2.9873 specials!

RwP

I agree mine went out twice before getting relayed harness to upgrade light bulbs.

what fuses

'D' - Headlamp (this is the power center under the hood....)
attachment.php

Mine did the same thing a few years ago, and it was a bad headlight switch. Pretty easy to replace it.

David

The headlight switch (the one at the left of the dash) may be the problem, but the line:

I have no low beams just highs and parks

tells me the headlight fuse AND the headlight SWITCH are good.

The Multi Function Switch, which selects highs and lows, OTOH ...

RwP

If I remember correctly the high beam circuit draws its power from a different source than the low beams. When I was restoring, my highs worked but the lows didnt. I bought a new headlight switch and everything started working again. Mine was really corroded when i replace it. I think it was about $45 from rockauto (auto dim version).

I'm on the boat that RalphP is on about the cause.

If I remember correctly the high beam circuit draws its power from a different source than the low beams. When I was restoring, my highs worked but the lows didnt. I bought a new headlight switch and everything started working again.

Low beams and High Beams come from the same power source, via the headlight switch. the Flash to Pass on the other hand does come from another power source, I would like to say Cigar lighter but i don't have my EVTM in front of me.

I'm on the boat that RalphP is on about the cause.

Low beams and High Beams come from the same power source, via the headlight switch. the Flash to Pass on the other hand does come from another power source, I would like to say Cigar lighter but i don't have my EVTM in front of me.

I think you are right about the flash to pass and the cigar lighter being the source. That is what I was thinking of... sorry for the confusion.

The headlight switch (the one at the left of the dash) may be the problem, but the line:

tells me the headlight fuse AND the headlight SWITCH are good.

The Multi Function Switch, which selects highs and lows, OTOH ...

RwP

I get what you are saying, but my high beams and running lights continued working, just lost the low beams.

David

Back