found a great new tool for your projects..

pro street rich

We have all tried to put a washer and nut in some hard to reach place and dropped a dozen of them in the time we wasted ....right?? Or you can't get that nut to stay put till you are ready to turn the wrench...
Well enter the newest thing that I found that really works great... "3M hi-strength 90" this is a spray adhesive that really works great..
I was putting a washer and nut in aa blind hole that I had cut in the front support for some hood pins.. There was no way to make the hole bigger to fit my hands in but you could get a open end wrench in.. I tried to put both in together and had to go fishing a couple of times to pick them back up. I had gotten this stuff for another job around the shop and said lets try this..I gave the washer a spray and let it set up for a minute then placed the nut on top and again gave it a minute to set.
Well I tell you what, that washer and nut stayed together the whole time it took to fish them in there and then even with trying to thread the two together. I would use this stuff any time I ever have something like this to do again...
Now you might ask where did I buy it?? at Menards and I would guess any home improvement store would also have it...
Hope this helps some of you out there.....Rich

Well enter the newest thing that I found that really works great... "3M hi-strength 90" this is a spray adhesive that really works great..
..I gave the washer a spray and let it set up for a minute then placed the nut on top and again gave it a minute to set.
Well I tell you what, that washer and nut stayed together the whole time it took to fish them in there and then even with trying to thread the two together. I would use this stuff any time I ever have something like this to do again...

Great idea Rich. I can think back at a couple times where I should have thought of that same thing and how it would have saved time.

I've used super glue to do that before and it always breaks while I'm trying to get the nut to start and it falls out anyway. I'll have to try it. Will that stuff hold a Phillips head screw in a screwdriver tip?

it should work

I've used super glue to do that before and it always breaks while I'm trying to get the nut to start and it falls out anyway. I'll have to try it. Will that stuff hold a Phillips head screw in a screwdriver tip?

This stuff really is sticky. it should work just fine Mike....

Back