help

Have pulley willing to travel

I live in Hawthorne.. next to torrance but im willing to drive for the assistance.

Why not do it yoursef? it takes some wd-40 a wrench and a monkey wrench or alternative. Plus a 3 jaw puller. Email me and I'll tell you how.

Al

Last edited:
alex is right its not hard

loosen nut then remove belt, then pull with puller, or pull outward make sure nut is flush with shaft before you tap it lightly with hammer not a resounding blow!!! but a quick light tap they arent on that tightly mine came off when I removed the nut install is reverse push pulley on replace nut tighten by hand then replace belt and tighten the nut to spec.

hmmm

I wouldnt mind trying it myself, but i've never done it before and wouldnt want to jackup the SC trying.

There is VERY little you could jack up, seriosuly. Send me an email and I'll give ya some directions, and I'll lend you a hand if you want.

yo al!

Yea im sure i could pull it off (pun intended) but i think i'd just be a lil more comfortable if i had someone there with me. I found the instructions from mn12performance..im gonna give it a go, but we should hang anyway !

Email me your number, and I'll give you a call. I got a few things to do tomorrow (SC reltated) but I might be able to drop by and show you what I have learned.

Al

email ?

How do i get your email addy ? Hey i wouldnt mind coming to you, i get off at 8am in the morning and im free the entire day.

My tool assortment is rather primitive :D Limited to wrenches a decent socket set and thats about it, no work space either. I can take what I have over to your place, and help you there, plus if we mess up your car you dont have to drive anywhere and I can pretend Im going to mycar to get a wrench and leave ;) j/k

Al

aw damn !

Well i have a 300 piece toolset minus the puller, and theres plenty of street parking where i stay. that sounds good to me !

Sounds good to me. Email me your addy and whatever time you will be good to do it. The later the better (in the afternoon) but I'm off all dayas well. Supercoupe 007 is down to go too, but he is free after 3.

Al

PS al35thsc@hotmail.com

great

Sounds great to me, i sent the addy to ur e-mail address. I'll either go buy a puller or rent one from the autozone near my house. I have to check my toolset, i may need the 5" extension... but im always up for a field trip to the auto parts store lol

hrmm

I also have an horrible sounding exahust leak no one can find. i think its coming from the manifolds.. since every muff shop <-- lol has checked for leaks below the car.

much needed

yea, tha leak is something i've been off and on trying to solve. it makes the car really sounds like a rust-bucket.

Al & blksc,
If you need a puller, you can borrow mine. I would come over and help but I am really busy the next few days.

Mike

cool

OKay, thanks for the offer. Im not sure what al and i are gonna do about the pulley, but it would be cool so we could meet !

Back