bucks and stumbles

good to doo

hey all, I,m working on my 91 sc auto. I changed the engine to a low milage engine that I found at the wreckers. I never heard it run before I put it in my 91 sc. now I have had it out a few times for test drives, but when I try to accelerate just when the boost comes in it just bucks and stumbles not wanting to go. it idles fine. could it be vacume leak? or can the crank sensor cause this. the balancer is running true. thanks good to doo.

could be coil that is what mine had done different load pressures draw different powers usually idles fine

Pull codes first. There after, its usually plugs and plug wires. Search and read up on this as there is a wrong way to replace wires. Personally, I've never had a coil pack go bad. :cool:

+1 to plugs and wires. Make sure you replace the both of them at the same time. I replaced the plugs first, and then the wires at a later date, and it wasnt until i did the wires that the car performed like it should have.

Buck and stumbles

Hello
i must tell my story,a year ago i have this problem, and first i shift the cam
shaft sensor no different, then i shift crankshaft sensor, then evyrything ok start good , and no bucking, Now one year later i have a new problem i drive a way
and car start bucking hardly, in the end i take me home and i check battery
,i not driving to mutch, only 11,6 volt, this battery i change and first everything looks good , efter 5 minit driving start bucking again,

now i wonder can DIS be broken because i driving whit battery not good

DIS is the only thing i not change before,:confused:

Hello
i must tell my story,a year ago i have this problem, and first i shift the cam
shaft sensor no different, then i shift crankshaft sensor, then evyrything ok start good , and no bucking, Now one year later i have a new problem i drive a way
and car start bucking hardly, in the end i take me home and i check battery
,i not driving to mutch, only 11,6 volt, this battery i change and first everything looks good , efter 5 minit driving start bucking again,

now i wonder can DIS be broken because i driving whit battery not good

DIS is the only thing i not change before,:confused:

When it is cold i can start , no problem , stay still and idle no problem

hey thanks people, turns out when I put the engine in I didn,t get a couple of wires in the right spot. these cars are so finicky for what they are. thanks good to doo.

Could be camshaft sensor as well. That is what mine did as well as either no start or hard start when warm

Mines doing the same(just happened a week ago, when the weather started getting really hot). 89' 5spd. When its cold, I'm boosting 15psi but it sounds bad compared to when I got it out the shop for a complete engine/cooling overhaul. Its really bad tho, sometimes I can't go over 35 mph, and I'm used to... well much much faster velocities.

hey thanks people, turns out when I put the engine in I didn't get a couple of wires in the right spot. these cars are so finicky for what they are. thanks good to doo.

If you are talking spark plug wires. That is not finicky. No car will run right with spark plug wires crossed. We all start guessing with with bad part are that. But What happened to you illustrates the point that we all need to make sure the basics are right before we start replacing stuff. Including making sure the charging system is working like that in the other posts found out as well.

Back