skydivr7673 JOHN B. AVOID !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1994blkbirdsc

Since I am a Bad Buyer I feel I must post this.
You where pay paled a deposit TWICE over for what I wanted to give you for tires right ???? Why did I have to wait for you to finish putting the tires on the car for 45 minutes apon my arrival ?????

You claimed the hood was PERFECT less the paint, well BUBBLES in the fiberglass is NOT perfect !!!!
Your ABOVE average drivers seat, DOES THAT INCLUDE the bolster completely RIPPED OFF THE PIVOT ??? Look at the pics below, you will see a 95 drivers seat it WELL ABOVE average condition, NOT YOURS !!!!

I was under the impression that I was buying a car with a bad motor :confused: Turns out the MOTOR IS GOOD, THE BODY IS A RUSTED ~~~:eek:

So John, you are going to tell me and everybody else on here you had no clue as to the rust issue ????

If your buying from JOHN B., if its not new, ASK QUESTIONS AND PLENTY OF THEM .

Bottom line here,
did I get ripped off ????? No I did not.
Was the seller much less than honest ???? YES HE WAS !!!!!

Attachments

• DSC01275.jpg
    DSC01275.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC01276.jpg
    DSC01276.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC01278.jpg
    DSC01278.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC01279.jpg
    DSC01279.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 256
Since I am a Bad Buyer I feel I must post this.

At least you have shown that your only motivation for posting this is retaliation. I thank you for that.

You where pay paled a deposit TWICE over for what I wanted to give you for tires right ???? Why did I have to wait for you to finish putting the tires on the car for 45 minutes apon my arrival ?????

You stated to me that you were going to call once you got close, so that I would have a heads-up. You did not call. You showed up at 10 in the morning, and I have a bad knee that just needed surgery since you came and got the car. Why did it take me a while to put four tires on a car by myself?? When you came here, my knee was braced up for a reason, it was not just for looks, Angelo.

You claimed the hood was PERFECT less the paint, well BUBBLES in the fiberglass is NOT perfect !!!!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I told you that the paint had bubbled....which it did....and you looked at it yourself while standing in my yard. And you still forked over the money and thanked me for a good deal! You chose to take the car as it sat, with me telling you FROM THE START that the car needed an unknown amount of work. And this is the first I ever heard about the hood--you have texted me pics, and texted me all sorts of info about what you found, but I'm just hearing about this now? Why? You are much more of a mechanic than I am, and I made that clear to you. You own several of these cars. I do not. you tear them down yourself and rebuild them yourself. I do not. I made this clear. And to your more experienced eye, the day you came to pick the car up, you saw nothing and said nothing about the hood....so why try to complain now? IT IS WHAT IT IS. I never claimed any differently. Stop lying.

Your ABOVE average drivers seat, DOES THAT INCLUDE the bolster completely RIPPED OFF THE PIVOT ??? Look at the pics below, you will see a 95 drivers seat it WELL ABOVE average condition, NOT YOURS !!!!

Again, we are talking about a car that has sat for years. Untouched. Unknown variables. I told you that the seat did not even have tears in the leather like most do. I NEVER said it was anything more than that. You sat in the car at my house before we put it on the trailer....why do you feel the need to complain NOW when you had no complaints THEN?

I was under the impression that I was buying a car with a bad motor :confused: Turns out the MOTOR IS GOOD, THE BODY IS A RUSTED ~~~:eek:

Angelo, tell everyone here--who was under the car when you came to pick it up? Who crawled under the car to hook up the comealong? Was it me? Or you? YOU WERE UNDER THE CAR SEVERAL TIMES before it left my possession....you knew more about the condition under there than I did and I made that abundantly clear to you! I had not so much as looked under the car in several years and I made that 100% clear to you, BEFORE the day you came to pick it up.

So John, you are going to tell me and everybody else on here you had no clue as to the rust issue ????

YES, Angelo, I AM. Because I have repeatedly told you this and it is the truth! Not everyone on this forum has the same level of experience with these cars as you do, and you are very unreasonable to assume that I must, simply because I am a member here. Did it ever occur to you that many people like me sign up because we DO NOT know about the specifics of these cars? We are not all experts like you, Angelo, and it is not my fault that you assumed otherwise. I live in southern Louisiana....I have zero experience doing bodywork and down here rust is not such a common issue with cars. I explained to you what I knew about the car, and I listed it as needing UNKNOWN WORK for a reason--here's my FS ad for comparison:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130182

posted in the for-sale thread:
I hate to do this but it is time for me to handle some other things. Car is a 1995 5-speed, black with gray leather--interior is in decent shape. 109K original miles, clear title. The car does not run, engine is locked up. It has been sitting for a few years, parked on concrete, so the overall condition is that the body still looks good but the car will need an unknown amount of work at this point to get it back on the road.

I described this car accurately to the best of my knowledge. Thats a FACT.

If your buying from JOHN B., if its not new, ASK QUESTIONS AND PLENTY OF THEM .

So, do you deny that when you first told me the car was rusted, that you still thanked me for a "smoking deal"? When you told me, you were polite, no worries...a few days later, all of a sudden, you started throwing accusations at me. And THEN, a few days after THAT, you APOLOGIZED to me for the way you treated me.....do you deny these events? I have the messages, Angelo, so why lie now? You changed your mind on how you addressed me repeatedly through this process, Angelo. I told you the same from the start that I am telling everyone here and now. My account has never changed, but yours changes every few days.

You paid $750....and you got:

--the car, which now it turns out has a running engine
--an extra set of rims thrown in for free
--brand new parts--
front mount intercooler
FMIC piping set
new headlight set
drilled/slotted brake rotors and pads for all four corners
--4 used tires put on the car

You thanked me for "still giving you a smoking deal" multiple times AFTER you informed me of the rust you found...we even joked about the $40 you found under the seats....and then you attacked me and called me a liar. I have had more than enough of your accusations and threats. I have gone out of my way to give you a massively good deal in the hopes that the car could be put back on the road. Think about this--why would I not just part it out and make tons more $$$ than the $750 you paid? The motor runs, the tranny is good, plus the brand new parts...plus whatever else could be pulled off of it....I could have easily made a LOT more money. yet I was more interested in keeping the car together so that someone else might get it on the road again.

Bottom line here,
did I get ripped off ????? No I did not.
Was the seller much less than honest ???? YES HE WAS !!!!!

See above...and start telling the truth. It hasnt even dawned on you yet! You claim I am supposed to know so much about these cars simply because I am a member here...and yet, you didnt even pick up on the fact that I was not aware of the minor fixes needed to get the engine running! I was under the impression that it was locked up. If I knew as much as you pretend I did, why would I have missed that, Angelo? I WOULDNT HAVE. I parked this car because I was told that the motor locked up and I am not a mechanic enough to know better myself. That PROVES what I have told you all along--that I do not know enough about these cars to have known!

I deserve an apology from you in here, since you have taken to accusing me when I did nothing wrong. And if I have to deal with as much as one more threatening message or any more harassment from you, I will just let the authorities deal with you. There is no reason for your ever-changing attitude towards me, nor is there any justifying your dishonesty towards me.

Oh, and about your deposit....you wanted to leave a $100 deposit. I asked you for $200....because even used tires here are about 30 a piece without the cost of mounting them, valve stems, etc. I hardly think you have any legit reason to complain that a seller required a $200 deposit on a car, Angelo. Seriously. Now it sounds like you are complaining about things just to complain. When I asked you for $200, you agreed to it, so you certainly have no room to complain now as though I did something unheard of in that.

John I will not continue to argue.

I am alright with what went down.

You know extreme rust is always a deal breaker on these forums.

The new parts made it worth the price of admission.

NO MORE arguments, all is good.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back