Need help from any GA SCers

thunderbrothers

I need some help from someone who knows about these cars mechanically. My Snow White is in need of a little TLC, and I really can't figure out what's wrong with her. I have a rattle coming from the front left corner, and it's getting worse. I searched here and on Google, and I've tried to check for loose tie rods, anti-sway bar links, rattle shields, control arms, etc. There is some dry rotting on the rubber boots and bushings, but everything feels rock solid. With the front end jacked up, neither wheel has any play side to side or up and down. None of the bars or joints move even a fraction of an inch. I've even put the car on stands, and jacked up the LCAs to unload them, and it didn't make a difference. I'm sure the issue is right in front of me, but I can't figure out what it is.

I'm mechanically inclined (I removed a dash from a 2002 F-150 to replace the heater core, and put it back together with no squeaks or rattles - a 9 hour job from hell), so working on the front suspension doesn't scare me at all.

I'm located in the northeastern part of Woodstock. Is there anyone close by that has experience with these cars that would like to stop by and help me diagnose this issue? I would greatly appreciate it. I want to be able to do all the work on my baby myself, and not have to take it to a mechanic. I just don't have the knowledge or experience diagnosing tougher problems like this.

I've made 3 trips between Chicago and Atlanta in the last month with this car, and I'll have to do it again 3 or 4 more times in the next 2 months, so getting this fixed is a priority. I'm available all day every day except Tuesday the 25th. Please reply here or PM me if you can help out a fellow SCer..

Thanks
Eric

I can probably help you out. Any way you can drive it over to Norcross? It's a 30 min drive from Roswell on Holcombe Bridge Rd. PM me for my phone number. Let's talk and set something up for Sunday or next weekend.

Back