93 auto tranny

pock1

looking for the good,maybe freshly rebuilt automatic tranny.mine took a crap on me this past saturday while i was changing out the thermostat,had the radiator flushed,put half a quart of tranny fluid,bleed the radiator ,checked all my fluids take it for a test drive...........it won't come out of 1st gear:confused:. i have reverse, and 1st but thats it. i rechecked the fluid,but no avail it just revs all i can go is 15mph.i can shift to low but it wont switch.@#$%^&*(. i did do a tranny service ,fluid gaskets, about 2 months ago......did i shock my tranny with the new fluid? before the weekend tranny shifted well.now it just revs in 1st. the fluid smell burt. smh.i have a 90 cougar xr7 auto that i have in my garage (was wandering if i shoud parts out .i posted it on here last year so i kept it) rebuilt motor and tranny ,both ran an shiffted fine before i parked it a year ago. i could use the tranny?

Pock1, you should be able to. I have a '93 AOD in my garage that came out of a project car that I bought a few years ago. It drove ok around the block before I loaded it on the trailer and again when I off loaded at the house. The previous owner said that it was a recent reman unit. It will need a new pan though, this one is pushed in a little. the fluid was red and clear and didn' see any leaks. I'm in CT. If you need/want it pm me.
MikeH

Last edited:
Back