Oops! Something fell into my engine bay!!

Why, yes it is

Yes, it is a 460. Right now just an empty block and bell housing to do set up.
It's sitting the main caps on a couple of 2-by's on the k member. Didn't want to bang up the new oil pan. The plan is to hook it up with the T56. Have been in contact with a member here about chipping a 5.0 box and doing EFI.
Machine work has gotten really expensive! I may order a crate engine versus getting mine built locally due to price.

hard to come by

Yes, it is a 460. Right now just an empty block and bell housing to do set up.
It's sitting the main caps on a couple of 2-by's on the k member. Didn't want to bang up the new oil pan. The plan is to hook it up with the T56. Have been in contact with a member here about chipping a 5.0 box and doing EFI.
Machine work has gotten really expensive! I may order a crate engine versus getting mine built locally due to price.

those crate engines are getting harder to come by. If I were you I would get with John Kaase. He is the man if you want to go big. He will build you something that is streetable and yet hit the dyno at 800+ if you want to spend the money... I love my big blocks with built C6's behind them....Rich

Yo Rich, Kasse is outta my ballpark. There is a guy in CO that specializes in 385's. Looks like FRPP dropped the 514 for 2013. Have to get some serious loosening in the purse strings either way......I still hearing about the TIG unit I bought 6 years ago without mentioning it first. :)
MikeH

it is well worth the money

Yo Rich, Kasse is outta my ballpark. There is a guy in CO that specializes in 385's. Looks like FRPP dropped the 514 for 2013. Have to get some serious loosening in the purse strings either way......I still hearing about the TIG unit I bought 6 years ago without mentioning it first. :)
MikeH

those engines are bad a$$ when you look at the final price/horsepower ratio. There are still some other builders out there that are putting them together. If you got a good block even Jeg's has a kit to build the 514's The big issue is there are not many blocks left out there that are good. There is a couple of good aftermarket FI systems on the market now.. Most of them are simple to put on and can be adjusted as you go....Rich

Rich, nice talking to you yesterday. I have a much better mental picture now. I was able to download some pics and posts to the note bin for reference later.
Waiting on my Trans jack to get here. It's either that or yank the engine out and hook the tranny up and stuff it back in!
Happy ID4 everyone!
MikeH

Well, just in time for labor day. My new custom Kinsler Dash-8 fuel rails showed up! Will post pics when I get home.
MikeH

Kinsler rails (pics)

Here they are. All ends are drilled and reamed for Dash 8 (AN-8) O-Ring Boss (ORB). Therefore no need to worry about splitting the rails as with a pipe thread. The o-rings form the seal not the threads. I figure that if it works with 3000# hydraulics and 5000# air systems design has to be good:) Besides, O-Rings are cheaper than fittings! MikeH

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Back