Nitrous vs methanol

Bad35thSC

What your guys' opinion on nitrous vs methanol injection, I wanna keep my car reliable and daily driven without the chance of it blowing up.

Car has:
Late model blower
5% OD SC pulley
36# injectors
70mm TB
73mm C&L MAF
1.73:1 Rockers
180* T-stat
Intercooler Fan
No Cats
No Resonator
Fenderwell Intake

I've often wondered about the benefit of lowering the Iat's with say a 25hp dry shot on the track would be considering how insanlely cold n20is... (with a propper tune) I have an extra ZEx ford efi nitrous kit that utilises the wide open throttle activation via the tps and also runs inline with the fpr to bump you're pressure up. But I think adding a window switch would be a good idea to prevent boo boos ... I've ran the same kit on my 370k 4.6 with no tune at 75hp with no problems for quite sometime.

Nope, just that reliability doesn't go in the same sentence with either of those add on devices.

Very true. With either system to work reliably you really need a number of fail safes that are hard to implement with a factory ECU.

IMO the best option is to have the car properly tuned, and add water injection as a safety measure above a certain level of IAT. This way if there is an issue with the injection system you just dont make quite as much power. If your tune relies on water/methanol/N2O injection and it does not function, you get to build a new engine.

Back