PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum sun visor clips

SCDan35thANV
06-27-2013, 06:11 PM
I am sure many of you like myself have had your sun visor clips break due to the plastic getting old etc. I have a place I know that I can get them cast in aluminum at and am wondering if anyone else might be interested since I will at least be having a few sets made for myself.

KMT
06-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Price, warranty, wait time?

SCDan35thANV
06-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Will be working all the details out like price warranty and wait time hopefully buy end of next week. I have a couple shops I know will do it so going to get quotes and will post back. Also unless you are hanging from your visor my guess would be the screw would rip out before it would even break.

XR7 Dave
06-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Would be a very cool item to make.

KMT
06-27-2013, 10:51 PM
...my guess would be the screw would rip out before it would even break.

My guess is there are some things inside the cabin you want to break - like when you hit them w/your head during a rollover :)

SCDan35thANV
06-27-2013, 11:19 PM
My guess is there are some things inside the cabin you want to break - like when you hit them w/your head during a rollover :)
You do have a point there. I do have a few friends with 3D printers but not sure the plastic would hold up. Open to any other ideas as well.

KMT
06-27-2013, 11:35 PM
I'd be mildly interested in them, still...

What I'd kill for is an aluminum version of the black plastic bezel for the power antenna on early SC's. I go thru them like water and nothing I've tried helps.

SCDan35thANV
06-27-2013, 11:48 PM
I'd be mildly interested in them, still...

What I'd kill for is an aluminum version of the black plastic bezel for the power antenna on early SC's. I go thru them like water and nothing I've tried helps.

I haven't had one break however I can look into having them made as well if there is enough interest.

XR7 Dave
06-28-2013, 07:03 AM
After you posted this I looked around - seems the Mustang visor clips for the same years are probably exactly the same and already available.

I agree with KMT, power antenna switch holders are bogus in these cars. Even if you have a good one, the plastic has become so brittle that you can't remove them without breaking, and even if you do lots of times they break when you try to put it back in.

Another part that would definitely sell would be the retaining bracket for sunroof switches in the 89-90. Those also become super brittle from age/heat and can't be re-installed if you remove one. Much more complex to make though.

SCDan35thANV
06-28-2013, 01:01 PM
After you posted this I looked around - seems the Mustang visor clips for the same years are probably exactly the same and already available.

I agree with KMT, power antenna switch holders are bogus in these cars. Even if you have a good one, the plastic has become so brittle that you can't remove them without breaking, and even if you do lots of times they break when you try to put it back in.

Another part that would definitely sell would be the retaining bracket for sunroof switches in the 89-90. Those also become super brittle from age/heat and can't be re-installed if you remove one. Much more complex to make though.

Ya I saw the Mustang ones but wasn't sure they would fit and if so I will pick up a set. I agree with you about the sunroof bracket I think that would be a great piece to make and have had to replace one already. I will try to look into both hopefully this weekend and see what we can come up with. If not this weekend I will absolutely have time the following weekend.