smoke from exhaust

ghostryder

started my 90 sc for the first time in three years since I bought it. is it normal for white smoke to come out the exhaust after sitting so long or do I have a major problem? the head gaskets were done by previous owner. the only thing I did was change the water pump, put new shocks, in and outer tie rod also did the a/c swap put a complete dash from a 92 into my 90. changed all the wiring harnesses. any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Al.

if it stays for more than two mins its smoked plugs or smoked headgaskets either way couple mins run time will let u know

I have a 91 sc auto. it sat outside for a year also. when I got it fired up water was dripping out of the exhauste for about an hour while sitting there idling, of course I was thinking the worst. I took it for a drive and it all cleared out. so apparently a lot of water can sit in an exhauste system.

I have a 91 sc auto. it sat outside for a year also. when I got it fired up water was dripping out of the exhauste for about an hour while sitting there idling, of course I was thinking the worst. I took it for a drive and it all cleared out. so apparently a lot of water can sit in an exhauste system.

That's condensation....his is smoke...doesn't sound like a good thing

let it idle for about an hour didn't smoke very much, pushed gas pedal and it smoked like crazy!! smoke had a bluish tint to it. so looks like I will be getting another engine grrrrrr!!!!

Blueish smoke is no good, probably oil. But than again if the car has not been run in a while let it run and see if it cleans up.

let car run for 45 mins and noticed fluid coming out of the exhaust it smells like gasoline and oil mixture. I am pretty sure now engine is Done!!!

Back