Intake question

figulaz

SCCoA Member
I'm working on my 92 SC to get it back on the road due to head gasket failure. I have a set of used heads in good shape from bill at performance super coupe and a arp stud kit. I'm getting the bug to go bigger and better. just for laughs I went to the the local self-service junk yard to and happened upon a 94 SC. It looked like it was serviced recently....I cut the belt and it spun free and quiet. I quickly removed the newer style blower and ran off. I now saw some SC literature on this site and per the article it looks like I needed the intake as well. It should have the larger square return plenum opening correct? Should I absolutely go back and get the intake and plenum? what about the dark blue injectors?

Last edited:
Any ideas on this? I have seen many threads talk about the early blower's limitations but the intake swap doesn't seem to get talked about unless I missed something.

You need the inlet plenum in order to use the 94 style blower, as the old inlet plenum from your 92 will not work. Definitely go back and grab it, unless you have the coin for the mp inlet, which is a ported inlet that allows for better flow. However it is expensive. As far as injectors go, they can be hit or miss, but if they look good, I say go for it, this way you have a little more leeway with the fuel system being able to supply your car at your power levels

I hope so. I'm basing my fear off this article...
http://www.sccoa.com/articles/blowerbuild.php

about 3/4th of the way through mentions the intake. the pic is a little fuzzy but it looks rectangular. mine is the regular oblong one. I didn't bother looking at the return plenum shape on the 94...guess i was too giddy with my find plus the sun started beating on me. I just wanted to get out of there.

89-95 SC intake manifolds are essentially identical, at least in regards to the connection for the plenum.

The picture you are seeing the opening is oval.

Back