blower diverter valve

quatrini

Hey guys I'm currently building a super coupe motor to drop into a mustang. I have the upper inlet plenum and have this vacuum actuated diaphragm, that opens and closes the valve. I'm assuming the valve is controlled by a pressure sensor and a pcm. But I would like to know when the valve is open versus when its closed. I wad thinking of making out closed at woot only, but wanted some insight. Thanks guys.

Its a bypass valve system. It used manifold vacuum to open up when coasting and idling allowing boost to be bypassed, dumping the boost before the sc. When under boost or at zero manifold pressure the valve closes allowing it to build boost.

Its more than a BOV as it serves two functions.

Last edited:
If I spliced a vacuum hose into the one going to the egr valve it would only open the valve at idle and wot. This was my original plan.

One final question, you say it uses manifold vacuum. This is vacuum after the throttle plate and before the supercharger inlet, correct?

One final question, you say it uses manifold vacuum. This is vacuum after the throttle plate and before the supercharger inlet, correct?

You can get it at any point after the TB. Before or after the supercharger doesn't matter, well stock is after the supercharger.

You are right for the late sc's I'm pretty sure my 90 was different, that's the one I'm tinkering with, my 94 had short hose with a 75 degree bend to the inlet.

You are right for the late sc's I'm pretty sure my 90 was different, that's the one I'm tinkering with, my 94 had short hose with a 75 degree bend to the inlet.

Yes I am referring to 94/95's, I'm definitely not the authority on the early models.

Back