M90 Mustang build

97veesicks

Hello all, I am somewhat "new" here on sccoa and I am currently in the process of parts searching, and researching, for everything I need to know and more for my buildup. I have been browsing the forums for a little while now, just recently registered, and I am looking forward to gaining the much needed knowledge about blown 3.8's from this community.

What I currently have is the lower manifold, inlet plenum, ported early model blower, and the TB should be to me soon. I have never felt so close, yet so far away from forced induction lol. I am not looking to be the fastest sixxer around, just a decent amount of go when I hit the loud pedal. With that being said, my current goals are to get the rest of the parts I need, upgraded fuel delivery, and a decent FMIC. I'm expecting to last with a slightly above "stock" supercoupe setup on my mustangs block for a little while. When I break it, then I'll go for a little more aggressive build.

As far as parts needed go, so far I know I need:
SC crank pulley
SC jackshaft bracket
SC jackshaft
All the tensioners
SC blower pulley
A minimum of a 255lph fuel pump
Planning on going with 39# injectors, for now
Top hat
FMIC and piping
Return plenum
And of course a good tune

I am still researching when the time allows, and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ditch the early model blower for a late model! Also use an Sc block the Na bottom end won't last a week with an m90

Ditch the early model blower for a late model! Also use an Sc block the Na bottom end won't last a week with an m90

not 100% true, i had a na bottom end in my car for almost 70k even with a 520 lift cam and underdrive pulleys with a late model blower...... its all about the tune, and how much spark knock you get.........granted as soon as i went to the mpx setup i only got 40 miles out of it until i made a window in the block/oil pan.
the bad part about doing a na block is its a ticking time bomb, and not the way to go. The motor was in my car as i never planned on making big power.

If you have the chance to get a a SC bottom end, thats the way to go.
If you stick with your NA bottom end, get some police pakage heads to help out with the compression ratio.

Steve

Last edited:
I would love to be able to get my hands on a SC block/bottom end, however I have been unlucky in finding any within driving distance for me. I live in the Lubbock, TX area and I have been scouring everything in a 200 mile radius with no luck. There are guys running the M112, non intercooled, on the stock blocks with good luck. So I'll keep it mild til I break it, or find a good deal on SC block near me.

I'll definitely look into those heads.

Last edited:
Back