wich oil should I use?

wildguitou

Hello, sorry I can't find wich engine oil should I use?
I saw some of you are using 5W30 but isn't it too fluid for an old engine like mine? (I assume european and American 5W30 are the same)

I've only put 5w-30 in any 3.8 and I've blown them up running synthetic and conventional.

As for oil consumption I'd be more concerned with keeping good motor mounts to stop from cracking the pan, after that valve stem seals.

Thanks I did not see the sticker under the hood...
When you say you blew up the engines you mean you broke them?
I've done around 1000 miles since I got my SC, the engine was coughing a bit when revving, now when the supercharger is on, at 5 psi, the engine seems to run on 5 cylinders...
Bad start no?

Thanks I did not see the sticker under the hood...
When you say you blew up the engines you mean you broke them?
I've done around 1000 miles since I got my SC, the engine was coughing a bit when revving, now when the supercharger is on, at 5 psi, the engine seems to run on 5 cylinders...
Bad start no?

Start with plugs, wires, and cam sensor. Is it displaying the check engine light?

I had a bad/fouled plug and experienced the same problem you described... a misfire when in boost. Replace plugs and wires and check for proper gap.

Also, document in what order you take the plug wires off.

Seems like Haynes and others have the WRONG firing order for the SC ...

RwP

By blew up I mean I had one seize bearings (plenty of oil had brass in the oil though) and other literally blew up well out had a softball sized hole in the block and bigger than that in the pan.

By blew up I mean I had one seize bearings (plenty of oil had brass in the oil though) and other literally blew up well out had a softball sized hole in the block and bigger than that in the pan.

Did the oils have anything to do with those occurrences...

Yes changing spark plugs and wires, coils... Were on my list, I will add a cam sensor!
What about the oxygen sensor in the exhaust?(not so easy to get the parts in France so I'd rather order everything)
I will check the firing order.
I feel released to hear you had similar problems, and it was not so bad. I thought I blew out a valve...
You give me hope, thanks!

Back