BOLO Black 97 Bird Stolen - Milwaukee

Trunk Monkey

SCCoA Member
Please help another Tbird owner out. The following was posted at TCCoA today.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=143636

If you spot this car call 911.

My beloved 97 Sport was stolen was stolen from my garage on the East side of Milwaukee sometime this morning.

PICT1147.jpg

PICT1148.jpg

License # WI 764-JNW

Pretty distinctive. Side molding delete, SC side skirts, SVT wheels with Pirelli P-Zeros, A&A front fascia w/fog lights, gray leather interior with SHO driver's seat, shaved trunk lid..

Help me find the *******s that took it.

My garage has been broken into four times within the last two years and they usually clean out my tools.

Any help appreciated.

(414) 467-1806

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Just a reminder, this isn't my car but belongs to another member at TCCoA.

The car was recovered about 4 PM yesterday with everything that wasn't tied down removed (including rims & tires). :mad:

Here are the details that he posted.

It's BAAAACK!!!!

Police called me about 4:00PM yesterday to tell me that they had found it at the end of a dead end alley in DA HOOD. A lady had called to say that it was blocking her garage.

When I got there it was sitting on its brakes with the trunk open.

They took wheels & tires, floor mats - both carpet and rubber (gray with T-Bird logo), hardwired radar detecter & wiring (?), code reader, tire gauge, wheel key, rags & detail spray from the glove compartment, maps from the map pocket, DC-USB plugs, AC inverter, spare fuses and probably a buck in change. They took tools from the trunk including the belt sander I had just bought to replace the one stolen last time and a box with sandpaper, steel wool and some half empty cans of stain. Didn't take the battery or spare and jack (which I needed to get the beast off the ground).

They left me a toothbrush, a sander belt and some obsolete government forms.

No real damage to the body except one paint chip I hadn't noticed before on the RR quarter and cigarette burns on the headliner which they also slashed and punched a hole in over the back seat.

They did burn a half a tank of gas and left the seats in the full ghetto cruise position.

I got my floor jack and spare wheels that were luckily still in the garage at the house I'm trying to sell that hadn't been broken into and, using the floor jack and the the scissors jacks from the Bird and my wife's car, managed to inch it off the ground and got the wheels mounted. Note - It pays to keep a bag of spare lug nuts handy.

The lady at the house where it was found took pity on me and gave me a bottle of water, which is a good thing since a fat old outta shape guy working in mid-90's heat with high humidity is not such a good thing. I went home to get my wife to ferry me back over to pick up the car and passed out on the couch. She said I was the color of a gray beet and immediately started administering cold towels.

Once my pulse and respiration had returned to normal and my color was less alarming, we went over and got the car, filling it up on the way home.

She is now sitting in her normal place in the garage, a little worse for ware.

Gives me incentive to do all of the things to the car that I have been accumulating parts for over the years and to bring my SHO back to life.

Thanks for the help and moral support. You guys are the best.

PS
If anyone offers to sell you some SVT wheels with Pirelli P-Zeros and thunderbird logo floor mats, let me know.

Stole the floor mats? Wow.

It sounds like they stopped short of a full chop shop treatment, which is good.

But I would wonder how badly they beat on the engine and transmission during that episode!

Watch for ...

I would keep an eye on eBay, Craigslist and any other local "for sale" boards to see if any of the missing parts show up. Flea markets and garage sales are also handy places for people who sell items that "fell off a truck."

Eddie Donato
'90 5-speed SC modified
'90 auto SC stock

Glad it was found. Looks like it's time for an alarm system on the garage. 4 times in 2 years is a little too frequent for my liking....

only if you are there

Colt, Ruger, and Smith & Wesson make good alarm systems I hear.

then add to the mix you better be 100% right before you pull the trigger. Good thing you got it back. I will keep an eye out for those wheels.. there is a show this week end that mght have a swap area... I would be checking them out....Rich

Back