Sun Visors ?

BirdofPrey97

Anyone taken one of the two piece visors apart?

Went to get my interiror redone and they want more to do the 2 visors then the headliner.

Anyone have experiance with the sunvisors on how they come apart? The shop was worried that they would break them and then have to source others.

If anyone has one with or without cloth on it let me know and I will buy it and try and take it apart.

Anyone taken one of the two piece visors apart?

Went to get my interiror redone and they want more to do the 2 visors then the headliner.

Anyone have experiance with the sunvisors on how they come apart? The shop was worried that they would break them and then have to source others.

If anyone has one with or without cloth on it let me know and I will buy it and try and take it apart.

I just did the ones on my 95 SC and they are a little bit of a pain to take apart. They actually snap together where the line is between the front and back side of it.
The plastic does get very brittle, so you do have to go slow and take your time. The hardest part was the vanity mirrors, because, it is so brittle they break very easily.
Because of this I no longer have any visor mirrors in my sun visors, just smooth, front and back.

Once you get the visor to unsnap apart, you can see how the old material goes on. it "snags" on sharp clips molded into the plastic frame. Cut the material to fit, snag it on clips and fold and snap back together.

The other small thing is the hinge pins (mine were literally nails!) and getting material cut closely to allow the pins to go back into the plastic once you have it ready to go back together.

Good luck.

Smitty

I dont know what you mean by "two piece" sun visor. But I have a spare black set for a 1990 non sunroof car if you want them. The cloth is ripped in some places, so I replaced them with better condition ones.

let me know,

Kyle

Are you looking for the double visors? If so, I have these:

1 pair Grey single visors for sunroof car with HomeLink module from a 98 Mark VIII
1 pair Tan double visors for non-sunroof car (no HomeLink) from a 95 (?) Mark VIII
1 pair Black double visors for non-sunroof car with HomeLink from a 94 (?) Mark VIII

PM me if you're interested. They have some minor flaws in the material and some dirty finger prints.

If a person looks at the 89-93 sun visors they have a slot on the thin edge where the cloth material was wrapped on each of the two pices before those pieces were put together to create the sun visor. Each sun visor is 2 pieces. A top and a bottom.

Back