clutch options

Giro

So I just got my license back and have dying to drive my car for a year and a half since I got.jer. currently she needs a new clutch kit. I do want to eventually get a centerforce df clutch, with possibly a lightened flywheel, but thats going to require saving up some money. Autozone near me sells a duralast clutch kit for 85.99, anyone have any experience with these? This will only be short term until I have the money to upgrade, so if it only last 6 months, I'm fine with that. Any opinions?

Also, I have a 91 sc with a 94/95 transmission, would I get the clutch for a 91, or 94? Or would it not make a difference? Thanks for your time.

Get the clutch for a 91. I can't say for sure about the duralast, but I used a stock replacement clutch from Advance Auto parts in an 89XR7 that I had, and I beat the hell out of it and never had a problem. You definitely should have your flywheel resurfaced though before putting the new clutch on. Otherwise, if it is glazed up, the new clutch might slip or chatter regardless of what brand it is.

The car is a little ways from being stock. Not exactly sure on how much power it has now, but I'm boosting 16 psi. If I do get this clutch, I know its probably not as good as centerforce or spec, so I'm gonna baby it to avoid destroying it.

Back