how to get keyless entry codes

90turbo1

is there a way to get the key pad codes from the car when the little sticker is missing?

here is the scenerio, i recently added the keyless remote entry module to my 1992 that i purchased off here. When I recieved it it had the adapter harness fixed to it and there was a dried out sticker on side with the codes, well my kid and wife played with it one night and moved it and lost the codes.

can I put new codes in?
can they be read with a scan tool?

thanks

Some one didnt read my thread. The code for my 1992 will not work as the module has been changed to a newer one that has keyless (remotes) as well as the key pad.

the sticker that was on the module is no longer there, thats my question.

can they be read out using a scan tool? or is there a way to reset them without having the master code?

If you open the case, you can read the programming jumpers.

From that, you can try it and see which order they go in.

Here's a write up on the original design: http://www.35thatr.org/Keyless/KeylessCode.htm

I believe the later units are the same in initial programming, but I could be wrong on that. Be worth a peek, anyway!

RwP

Sorry. If you are indeed dead ended, toss that apparently now useless module and find another. The yards around here should have more, I'd think...

Did you contact the person that sent it to you to see if they have access to the donor car with another sticker in the trunk?

Last edited:
theres a sticker with the code in the trunk somewhere?

You guys are missing the picture here,

there is no code in my car for this module. the module came from a totally different (probably not even a t-bird) ford product. I am using this module for the Remotes that my 1992 did not and could not have from factory. So with this module I have remotes that go on my key chain.

my problem is.... I dont have the master code for this particular module, Everything on this module works like it should so why would I toss it in the trash. When I recieved the module in the mail there was a sticker on it and now that sticker is long gone. This was the code. The seller has no access to the orginal car or what it came out of.

i would like to get the key pad working on the door along with the wireless remotes that i have for the key chain.

I am not sure about the dip switches in the inside??? not sure about that one.

Does this module have DIP switches?

If so, how many and how are they set?

Can we get a picture of the DIP switches?

The non-remote Gen1 units used wire jumpers, not DIP switches. I posted a link to how to program (and from that link, it's trivial to read the current programming) on the Gen1 modules.

RwP

You'll need to pull the thing apart at this point. The dip switches are usually a bank of white sliding switches in a small red case. Deciphering the settings is a challenge.. it may be binary. :rolleyes:

But it could also be on/off for a specific digit/digit bank (that is the button for "3-4" just has 1 button there really isn't 4!). Im thinking this is more likely as someone had to set the numbers and print the labels to begin with.

You'll need to pull the thing apart at this point. The dip switches are usually a bank of white sliding switches in a small red case. Deciphering the settings is a challenge.. it may be binary. :rolleyes:

But it could also be on/off for a specific digit/digit bank (that is the button for "3-4" just has 1 button there really isn't 4!). Im thinking this is more likely as someone had to set the numbers and print the labels to begin with.

With DIP switches, there'd be a mess of them to program like the Gen1 does with jumpers.

Hmm ... There's several 1993+ MN12s in the local boneyards, I'll have to crack open a RKE module and see HOW it programs now.

RwP

OK, ill yank it out and take a look at it. for some reason I think its from a ford taurus. It has been modified to fit the MN12 and works great, just need that damn code again.

Back