How does this sound? 93 SC

Sapperstang78

Been looking for a car for my fiancee and ran across a 93 SC. Car is a manual, red, 107K miles. Car looks in very good shape on the outside. Interior is missing a headlight switch and has some stains on the seats and carpet. They are asking 2,950 for it. Im not new to T birds so this seems kinda low priced for a SC. I think maybe it has something wrong with it. They were closed today so i couldnt drive it or anything. Any problems with the 93's i should be aware of? Gonna go look at it tomorrow if they are open. Thanks in advance.

jump on it... I bought a 90 with 107 k for 2900... your getting 3 years on me... probably just needs some good TLC

Yeah i figured it was a steal. I just hope there is nothing major wrong with it. Should find out tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

sure thing.... however if you can come across a fixer upper for like 500-1000 thats great too... depends how much work you want to do... like that 90 I have, the engine is blown now, but I bought a car with a LOT of usable parts for it and other people for 700...

Well I got a carfax report on it and it doesnt look to good. I dont want her to get a piece of junk. This will be her daily driver. Carfax shows an odometor rollback. Also a failed emmisions inspection when the car only had 20 some thousand on it.

neither of those things necessarily are a bad thing they can both be explained very easily actually

1. cars fail emissions tests for various reasons, ie they have a bad o2 sensor, or dirty fuel filter, or someone modified the exhaust and didnt get it up to code so they had to redo it.

as for the rollback that can actually be explained legitimately too

the odometers in these cars can fail, i know of a few people running around with cars with 1xxk miles on them that show like 20k, but they have stickers in the doors showing hte mileage when the odomoter was replaced, carfax wouldnt necessarily now this, so the car with say 90k miles may have had a test or something done somewhere where the people took an odometer reading off of the "new" odometer without adding in the old mileage..... just a thought.

Yeah i wasnt to worried about these two probs. My old 89 SC had that sticker stating the odometor had been changed. That place is closed today so i will have to wait till tomorrow to look at it.

I wouldn't get a car for my fiancee until she was my wife... but if you do get the SC, keep it and give her the stang...

I automaticaly take $1000 off any dealer advertised price even on a $3000 car. I bought my 92,000 mile 89 SC in Oct. 2000 for $3500 the dealer first quoted me $4995. I offered $3000 he said $4000 was as low as he could go. I then said well we will split the difference to $3500. The salesman said he had to talk to his manager who was in a meeting. I gave him my phone number and left. When I got home he called 10 minutes later and said he could sell me the car for $3500. This was at a Chrysler dealer. Most new car dealers have a limited amount of space for used cars and wont keep cars of over 6 years on the lot. They would have wholesaled the car if I didn't come along.

dealer.jpg

Just figure the milage is much more than it shows. Now use this and the carfax report to get another $500 - $1000 off. Then you will have more money to fix problems you don't know of.

Aaron Gott said:
I wouldn't get a car for my fiancee until she was my wife... but if you do get the SC, keep it and give her the stang...

Oh trust me im not buying the car for her. Im just LOOKING at it for her and trying to get her a good deal. lol And there is no way i would give her my mustang. Sorry but i like the SC but i love my stangs. Stang is to much fun not to mention easy and cheap to mod. And fast too.

Shockwave: I agree with your post. Your SC looks EXACTLY like the 89 I had several years ago. :D

Back