1990 sc won't start

jack

When I bought this car it was hit in the front on the drivers side, after the crash the car would not start, some of the wires were cut clean off on the front, I thought they were just headlight wires... The man I bought it from said the fuel pump control thing in the truck needed to be reset...
So he put the car out back in the field for 7 years it sat, he turned it over by hand each year but not it won't turn over even with a good battery, I'm thinking it is like a starter or solenoid problem, any suggestion?

I tried the cutoff switch, I hit it and pressed the red button on the top, didn't seem to make a difference, and it dosent make a super loud noise, but there I a click noise, yes the engine is completely free and will turn by hand... This car was in a accident front on in the drivers side... Some wires were cut clean of but they looked to be just headlight wires

This is confusing :confused:

Did you get the car started ??
Did you actually drive this car to speed where it would shift into overdrive ??

There is no reason to spam the boards with the same questions over and over either:cool:

image.jpgIs it a 5spd? Maybe push start. If it was sitting in a field for a while maybe some moisture got in the contacts... Is the solenoid in good shape/ clean contacts....make contact with a screw driver at the relay w/ key in on position to see if it'll crank. If not pull starter and bench test at local parts store like auto zone. I think with the inertia switch in the trunk only cuts off electricity to the fuel pump after a certain force impact is reached as a safety feature. It still allows crank...just no fuel.

Back